+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6256Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I put off getting a cell phone for a long time because I didn't want to be getting phone calls when I was out. Answering the phone at work and home was more than enough phone time for me. Driving somewhere in the car was a few moments of peace. I don't want to be bothered when I'm out unless it's an emergency or info I need to know right then (like a change of plans).

My youngest was the only one who had a cell phone in high school. She bought and paid for it all herself. I realized then that teens having cell phones made it harder in a way to keep tabs on then. Before cell phones, if a child was over at someone's house, you'd call the land line there. You'd frequently speak to the parents for a few minutes and would get to know them a bit -- and you could be sure that's where your kid was. With cell phones, your kid can say they're going to a specific place, but if you call them on their cell phone, you only have their word for that's where they are unless you GPS them.

With land lines, when I'd call my brother, my SIL or one of my nephews would likely answer the phone and I'd talk to them for 5-10 minutes before talking to my brother. Now that everyone has their own cell phone, I generally only call my nephews on their birthdays.
    Photobabe likes this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Since when does one HAVE to answer a cell phone call if one doesn't want to? Is it possible that the person is their own worst enemy? Back in the day, if there was an "emergency" (which there usually isn't) and somebody called our home phone, when would we find out???? WHEN WE GOT HOME! What kills me is that people have trouble differentiating between THEIR emergencies and other people's emergencies.

The words "Just Stupid" come to mind. A lot of people just love drama.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I think that I've given my cell number out to about 5 people. That really cuts down on usage.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

I agree. My cell phone is for MY convenience/usage....not everybody else's.
    Photobabe likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I like to have a cell when I'm away from home in case my car breaks down but my cell is my business and personal phone together because it doesn't make sense financially to have two phones and I would hate to carry two phones. When I don't want to answer I don't. I don't text and drive, I rarely answer it when I'm driving, and I view it more as a safety net than something that I need to talk on.

Also many of my clients text instead of call or email and that works well for me.
    PGM35 likes this.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

We were working with clay this week and at one point I thought it would be easier to reach diagonally to fetch a heavy box with 2 bags of clay in the storage closet than clear out the stuff in front of it. Well, that was the stupidest thing I've done in a while. Long story short, I'm having back spasms which I've never had before. I guess I'm taking it easy this weekend.
    Punkin likes this.
    Count your blessings!

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Punkin, Cootie and Photobabe like this.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Going off to babysit my 1-mo-old granddaughter again, so my DIL can get some rest. My DIL had a golf-ball size abcess in her breast that had to be surgically drained. When I went over two days ago, the poor thing (my DIL, not the baby) was in tears, she was in so much pain. The pain of childbirth didn't bother her; she was ready to have three more. But she says if she has to go through this again, she doesn't want any more kids.

Gutmutter - yes, do take it easy this weekend. When we had an estate sale at my mother's house, I did something to my back when picking up a fairly light box when we were packing up. I alternated ice and heat on my back. It took several days, but whatever it was resolved itself.

Gutmutter - Sorry to hear about your back spasms. They are the worst. Try taking 200 - 400 mg of Ibuprofen every 4 hours to help reduce any swelling. (unless , of course, you are sensitive to NSAID's) Hope you feel better soon.

I've had a pretty stressful couple of weeks. The pharmacy where I work was sold to a larger chain and the new owners took over February 1. So there's been a total upheaval at work with new bosses, new computer system/software, new rules, new cash registers. One of our trainers is very rude and condescending, while the other is really great. Thankfully, I've done most of my training with the nice one, although I have been subjected to the other mans methods occasionally. We've only lost one employee, and she is a 21 year old who has never worked anywhere else before. She lasted 3 days before she quit. We all kept telling her that things would get better, and they already have, but she just couldn't deal with it. Change isn't fun for anyone I guess.
    Punkin, Kip and ClosetRTWatcher like this.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Interesting....I knew, after 1 baby, I didn't want anymore!!!! I found the whole experience rather rude and crude, except for how well I was treated and pampered. There is something about being poked, probed, and invaded that I found distasteful. Maybe had I had a female OB-GYN it might have been different but I doubt it. My doc was highly thought of in his field, but a strange man and my "privates".....uh....NO. I've preferred female doctors ever since, for just about everything. I do have a male dentist whom I really like, with his small hands but there was a partially retired female who took over for him while he was on vacation and, had she been in full-time practice, I just might have switched to her!

I've learned to lift with my legs, for the most part; saves a lot of wear and tear on the back. I've also learned the smartness of dragging something closer before I lift. My worst back injury came from lifting a light load. Bad mechanics. Spasms are just mean and vicious entities! It doesn't take much for that muscle memory to kick in. Riding in my ex-'s stick-shift truck could kick one in with little effort; I never understood that, and I think he took it personally.....not that I cared.
    Kip and PGM35 like this.

+ Reply to Thread