+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5947Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I agree that teaching kids about the perils of computer usage is ultimately the parents domain. I think the instruction about computer issues came in computer classes at school, which is a natural place for that to occur. Do they even have computer classes any more? Probably most kids learn Word and Excel at home these days.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

I played a game of real poker with a friend tonight.

The game lasted about two and a half hours. I didn't play as well as I do online. I guess I have to practice in real life. I kept raising the pot trying to get him to fold when I was shortstacked, but it didn't work. I lost. But it was good. Next time I'll do better.
    Punkin, cablejockey and Kip like this.

I think it would be fine to not let highschool students have facebook accounts.
    You can do it!

There would be no way to stop them. I am sure we all know many under 13 that have Facebook accounts. Parents do need to take responsibility.
    Ellen likes this.
    There's no place like home!

There really doesn't seem to be any kind of phone etiquette. Actually, I think the word etiquette has become obsolete. lol

When most of my family and extended family gets together, the only time they are not looking at and engaging on their phone is when they are holding a fork. Other than that, they are on their phone. They may chat with you, but they are still on their phone all the while. Years ago, after a holiday meal the crowd would gather in the den around the tv for sports of some sort, now, they gather, but it doesn't matter what's on because everyone in the room is on their phone. lol Those who are not doing this include those over 45. lol

I have a funny story. My dad is a very conservative, loving, gentle, non-swearing man, 76 year-old gentleman. He's not into cell phones very much, but keeps one for emergencies and to just be on the safe side. He doesn't even know how to check his voice mail. Anyway, he was so excited to get a TEXTED MESSAGE the other day, although it was obviously a wrong number. The text read: "You are a real *itch!" lol He was shocked. I said, "Obviously, they don't know you daddy."
    Kip, Brooks and ClosetRTWatcher like this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Common sense as etiquette is such a novel idea, isn't it?

I have more of a life than to be attached to my phone every second. When I'm in for any kind of appointment, I turn off my phone's ringer until the appointment is over......especially at my hair stylist's!! Think of all of the fun conversation I would miss, otherwise. When I think of the people I can meet instead of being on my phone, I wouldn't miss it for the world! People who are extremely "phone-attached", I think, are sad and pathetic.

My stylist and her coworkers are known for being, somewhat, of the matchmakers in town. It can be fascinating to hear their conversations! They've even been written up in the newspaper for what they do....and they have had at least 1 marriage result from their efforts! Fascinating!
    Debb70 likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Well, I'm off to see my niece in her basket ball tournament. They are undefeated so far. I'm trying to look cool, so I curled my hair, put on one of my new sweaters, old jeans, and new cow girl boots!!!! OMG, I love them. Do you tuck your jeans in or wear or them out??? I guess it doesn't matter.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Wow! You really are into country, aren't you? Somebody else who surprised me by being into country music is Robin Roberts. She LOVES it. I guess music is music, and I will admit to liking some of it, but not on "the regular".....but when it hits me, it hits me!

Have fun!

(And, if you're going to wear those stupid things, you may as well show them off and tuck the jeans in!)
    PGM35 and Debb70 like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Do you tuck your jeans in or wear or them out??? I guess it doesn't matter.
    I'm married to a Nebraskan, so I speak with some authority on the subject. (LOL)

If you wish to be referred to as a "drugstore cowgirl" and recognized immediately as a city slicker, tuck them in (thereby embarrassing your niece).

Punkin and Debb70 like this.

I don't have cowboy boots,( I did have a pair) but my high boots I tuck them in..

Have fund Debb!
    Debb70 likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread