+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4488Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Does it bother anyone that your online activities reveal so much about you? I've heard a story about a woman who defriended all her friends on FB because she thought that they revealed too much about her. And that search engines retain so much info about what you google. She said some will let you see your profile, but they won't allow you to delete it. This kind of bothers me. I think there is a search engine that does not retain your search history, but I'm not sure of the details. I think it's called duckduckgo. Anyone use it?

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

It usually takes a couple of days before people even feel slightly better after they have had surgery.

Take your time, NorwIndian.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Does it bother anyone that your online activities reveal so much about you?
    Hubby and I have never found the time or interest to do something like Facebook, but it's a serious issue for those who need to maintain a clean resume because many prospective employers *will* check online. I don't know how much youngsters understand that.
    Debb70 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    I just feel it's polite to look at your passenger to acknowledge their presence when they're getting in the car instead of ignoring them but it so awkward to look at him when he's getting in butt first.

I guess it's just me being weird and I know I can't say anything to him about it so I'll just shut up, bide my time for the next few months, and never offer to drive for him again after this time is up.
    I was always told that butt first is the way to get into a car since it puts the least stress on your back. There is a web site called Discovery Health. In the back pain section is describes that as the best method. Butt first is also the recommended way for women in tight skirts.
    Maybe you should find a way to distract yourself when he's getting n the car. Use that time to fiddle with the radio or adjust your seat or comb your hair. That way you won't be looking at him.
    prhoshay, Ellen and Eastcoastmom like this.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Photobabe View Post
    I was always told that butt first is the way to get into a car since it puts the least stress on your back. There is a web site called Discovery Health. In the back pain section is describes that as the best method. Butt first is also the recommended way for women in tight skirts.
    Maybe you should find a way to distract yourself when he's getting n the car. Use that time to fiddle with the radio or adjust your seat or comb your hair. That way you won't be looking at him.
    It had me guessing which way I get into the vehicle, I went over it in my head I do know why my mother in law does butt first, because she has bad knees, she backs into the vehicle in case they give out on her.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

The NC SBI is now investigating 9 counties where high school students have posted naked photos. I can't determine if they posted them or someone else did it. I get the impression they did it voluntarily. I wonder what they will charge them with.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    The NC SBI is now investigating 9 counties where high school students have posted naked photos. I can't determine if they posted them or someone else did it. I get the impression they did it voluntarily. I wonder what they will charge them with.
    I assume these are underage high school students. It's very concerning that so many kids would be willing to do this! You said they "posted" them. Where were they posted?

ETA: I did a quick search and found this...

It all started this month after Wake Forest police said a woman told them her daughter found nude pictures of herself from a few years ago surfacing on Twitter and Instagram. But nude pictures of other students also started to appear on social media sites.
    Nude Student Pics. Case Expands To Randolph, Surry Counties

It sounds like the kids took the photos willingly, but someone is getting a hold of them and putting them up for a wider audience. Kids need to understand that once the photo leaves your possession it is completely out of your control!!!

A while back there was a PSA on TV where a high school student was walking down the school hallway and saw a photo of herself posted on the wall. She stopped and grabbed it to take it down, but there was another copy underneath. She started desperately grabbing each photo that appeared, only to find another one in its place. I thought it was an extremely effective ad.
    ETA (again): Maybe they should start showing this one again...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOUu1fldBbI
    Last edited by ClosetRTWatcher; 02-26-2014 at 01:04 PM.
    Kip likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post
    I assume these are underage high school students. It's very concerning that so many kids would be willing to do this! You said they "posted" them. Where were they posted?

ETA: I did a quick search and found this...

Nude Student Pics. Case Expands To Randolph, Surry Counties

It sounds like the kids took the photos willingly, but someone is getting a hold of them and putting them up for a wider audience. Kids need to understand that once the photo leaves your possession it is completely out of your control!!!

A while back there was a PSA on TV where a high school student was walking down the school hallway and saw a photo of herself posted on the wall. She stopped and grabbed it to take it down, but there was another copy underneath. She started desperately grabbing each photo that appeared, only to find another one in its place. I thought it was an extremely effective ad.
    ETA (again): Maybe they should start showing this one again...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOUu1fldBbI
    I wish some adults would get that as well. I always read an email and ask myself how I would feel if I saw it plastered over the internet before I go ahead and send it - because the reality is . . that could happen!
    Kip likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Baby's Breath View Post
    Thanks, Debb, for that video link. Last year I had the length and weight to do that, but I've since gone shorter which puts more spring in my curl so I'm guessing that I will need a 2" curling rod like coltnlasma recommended or hot rollers, as you said. I'm not sure how to achieve smoother hair-underneath though like these actresses have. What I used to use when my hair was shorter was a brush style wand. It would tame my curl but still leave me with nice body. If I rolled the wand one way I'd end up with "feathers," rolled it the other and it'd be curled under at the bottom like a pageboy. I'll let you guys know how I make out. It was sweet of so many of you to chime in.

PS JK, I think your avatar is silly, as in fun-silly, not bad-silly.
    BB, I have naturally curly hair and went through this a few years ago. Few things to suggest:

1. Talk to your hairstylist about what you want. There are cuts that can maximize the curls. Also have her cut your hair dry, because obviously curly hair curls up. He/she needs to know the extent of your curl (pulling it straight and watching it curl and seeing how many inches you lose) to achieve the best cut.
    2. I strongly recommend The Curly Girl Book - or something like that. There is actually a process to maximize the curls and get them to where they don't look frizzy and not everyone is comfortable with it. The two biggies - don't use shampoo on your hair. Not at all. The shampoo dries it out and makes it more frizzy. Second biggy - try not to blow dry your hair. I would get up every morning, wet it down in the shower and then get ready for the day. In the winter, I couldn't go out with wet hair, but I would do it last thing before I walked out the door and I would use a diffuser.
    3. Give it a little bit of time. The book says (and this was true for me) that it takes 2-3 weeks of doing that for your curls to really pop back out. You have to be willing to "suffer through" a few weeks of looking less than perfect.

When I actually did this, my curls came back out and they looked really good. Unfortunately, that was 6 years ago and when I tried it again recently I discovered that too many years of straightening my hair had permanently damaged some of the natural curl, so they never completely came back. The two girls you mention are fairly young, so just be prepared, depending on what you have historically done with your hair. Good luck!!
    Baby's Breath likes this.

The youngest female student involved in the instagram nude photo scandal in NC is 14. It seems to be very widespread. I'm not sure what the SBI can do about it. It would be very expensive to prosecute all those people. I assume they would only prosecute those over 16, since in NC that's the age at with they leave the juvenile court system.

+ Reply to Thread