+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6257Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Hello, my name is Amanda. I am "NorwIndians" daughter, she had asked me a few days ago to come on and let you know how she is. My mom is doing good. She is really doped up but her operations went very well. She has told us how kind and supportive you have all been to her. The family really appreciates it. Thanks to you all.
    Punkin, Ellen, captain and 14 others like this.
    ~You can't buy love. But you can rescue it~

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

People who have back problems also frequently get into a car that way. It's easier to keep your spine straight if you sit and swivel rather than step in sideways.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by NorwIndian View Post
    Hello, my name is Amanda. I am "NorwIndians" daughter, she had asked me a few days ago to come on and let you know how she is. My mom is doing good. She is really doped up but her operations went very well. She has told us how kind and supportive you have all been to her. The family really appreciates it. Thanks to you all.
    Amanda - thanks for letting us know! I was just thinking this morning that we should have suggested that your mom have a family member log in to give us an update. Thanks for the great news.
    Debb70 likes this.

Thanks for letting us know. Hugs to NorwIndian.
    Count your blessings!

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

How sweet of you to let us know, Amanda! We're all pulling for your mom!

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Punkin, Kip, Brooks and 5 others like this.

LOL I love that Johnny
    Baby's Breath likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Thank you, Amanda! and to NorwIndian and to you!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Thanks for the update, Amanda! I hope your mom is comfortable. Please tell her hi!

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    How do you get into a car?

I'm asking because I have a co-worker who can't drive for the next 6 months because of health problems and I've been taking him to and from work.

One of the things he does that really annoys me is when he gets in the passenger side of the car, he faces away from the car and eases in butt first, then swings around to face forward. I tell you what, I give rides to lots of people and I've never seen anyone get in a car like that. Most of my friends slide in sideways so I don't get a prolonged view of their backside.

I've been too timid to say anything because I don't want him to think I'm being a bitch and maybe my being bothered with this is just obsessive/compulsive on my part (dare I saw, anal??) but I'm going to be giving him a ride for another 5 months and I feel like I want to say something. Is there a polite way to ask him to slide in sideways or should I just look the other way when he gets in the car and curb my urge to say anything?
    It must be how he feels safe getting in the car. I slide in sideways kind of butt/weight down first, but I do not feel that it is so safe for my head. I probably should start putting a hand on the top of the car when I go in.

Thank you Amanda. Hope mom is feeling comfortable.
    You can do it!

+ Reply to Thread