+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7218Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    I just feel it's polite to look at your passenger to acknowledge their presence when they're getting in the car instead of ignoring them but it so awkward to look at him when he's getting in butt first.

I guess it's just me being weird and I know I can't say anything to him about it so I'll just shut up, bide my time for the next few months, and never offer to drive for him again after this time is up.
    My Mother in law gets in the car the same way, its due to her weight. And as she has gotten older I think she is unsteady .I am guess I am used to it
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

pikachu, I believe you have a very long five months in front of you, LOL.

Does it appear he's having difficulty getting in the car, because that might give you an opening to ask him if he's having difficulty. Possibly he'll say something that will make his backside more acceptable to you.

When you said he can't drive due to health problems, my first thought was that maybe those problems cause him to get in this way? In addition to balance, there can be some twisting involved getting in sideways. Maybe that is an uncomfortable motion for him?
    Ellen and Debb70 like this.

My mother had knee surgery and this is how she got in a car. She was able to pull her legs around because they didn't bend good. This is how she was taught to get in the car after surgery.
    prhoshay and Ellen like this.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    My Mother in law gets in the car the same way, its due to her weight. And as she has gotten older I think she is unsteady .I am guess I am used to it
    Yep. Being overweight, mobility issues, etc. I have a medium sized SUV and my sister, who is all of 5 feet inches tall, has an extremely difficult time getting into the passenger side. She gets in that way and I urge her to use the handle grab that is above the door. My truck does not have running boards, which sometimes give shorter people a boost up.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

When I'm having knee issues (as happens periodically), I tend to get in this way. Then if anything "gives out," I'm less likely to fall, since most of my weight is already safely plopped into the seat of the car.

Pikachu, I love you to death, but I think this is just a personal issue that you're letting get to you. Are there other things about this guy that bug you, and you're just using this as a handy specific point to be irritated about?

My hubby does the exact opposite. When he goes to get out, he often has no feeling in his right foot so he has to turn back to his seat, put his hands down in the base of it, and wait for enough feeling to balance himself. Luckily for the public, he has a very fine derrière.
    Punkin and Eastcoastmom like this.

I've known people with health problems get into cars all different ways. My cousin used to have a terrible time, especially in my former sports car. It was low down and small and she really stuggled. I had to help her a lot. She has knee and back conditions. And when I had two frozen shoulders...........OMG. Doing anything was a struggle. I had to ask for help with my grociers.

Please know that IMO, having mobility issues is very embarrassing and the person would give anything to not be awkward or call attention to themselves. It just can't be avoided.

Perhaps the guy will improve with his mobility as his medical condition improves.

Look away. I'm sure he doesn't want you staring at his butt. Once he's swinging his legs in, securely in the car, you can acknowledge him.
    Punkin, Cootie and AZChristian like this.
    Count your blessings!

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

I realized yesterday that some might miss-see my avatar as a reference to my American public "sheep" comments. Which it isn't.

It's llamacorn. A llama with a unicorn horn. It was on one of those ads that play on a Youtube video before the video itself.
    Punkin likes this.

+ Reply to Thread