+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5803Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by Baby's Breath View Post
    Is anyone familiar with Tessa from Suburgatory? How about Elizabeth Webber from General Hospital? Both of them have my hair color and I'm really loving their current style. What would I ask for at the salon to achieve that same look? Is it a perm of some sort? I have natural curl in my hair, which can be both a blessing and a curse. If I could tame my curl to be as soft and consistent as theirs, I would be thrilled.
    Love Elizabeth Webber's hairstyle too, BB. It looks very softly tousled. Very pretty.
    Baby's Breath likes this.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by Baby's Breath View Post
    Is anyone familiar with Tessa from Suburgatory? How about Elizabeth Webber from General Hospital? Both of them have my hair color and I'm really loving their current style. What would I ask for at the salon to achieve that same look? Is it a perm of some sort? I have natural curl in my hair, which can be both a blessing and a curse. If I could tame my curl to be as soft and consistent as theirs, I would be thrilled.
    I took a look at some photos of these styles. I like them too and am getting my hair cut to better accomodate it. Mine is a little too long right now. I'm going to go about shoulder length. Still, I can achieve that look, though it doesn't last long in my hair since mine is straight and fine.

You can achieve that look by using either electric curlers or a curling rod. (medium in size.) Just put electric curlers throughout the head and when you take them out, don't comb or brush the curls, just lightly put your fingers through it so it looks loose and natural. Combing will mess that up. There is a certain way you can do it with a curling iron, but this is highly work intensive. You can probably find the details on You tube. You wrap the hair midway up onto the iron THEN you wrap the remainder down the tip onto the iron. Leave it to set and then lighly touch with fingers and don't comb or bush.

I wouldn't think you would want a perm. I don't know of any stylists who give perms anymore since it damages the hair so much. Since you have some natural curl in your hair, you should achieve this style with ease. Lucky you.

Let us know what the stylist says. Good luck.

Here's a link that might help. But, BE CAREFUL. PUtting product on the hair and then heating can cause it to break. I've done it for years, but you can't put too much heat for too long or the hair will break.

Hairstyling Advice : How to Use a Curling Iron for Maximum Results - YouTube
    Last edited by Debb70; 02-24-2014 at 07:30 PM.

While I want to know how NorwIndian is doing, I hope she rests a while before she messages us. She might have gotten online a tad bit early last time, but she was a trooper! I've been thinking about her all day, hoping for her surgery to go smoothly. I was able to donate blood today and it felt even more meaningful that I could do it on the same day that she was having surgery.
    Punkin, captain, Kip and 3 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I took a look at some photos of these styles. I like them too and am getting my hair cut to better accomodate it. Mine is a little too long right now. I'm going to go about shoulder length. Still, I can achieve that look, though it doesn't last long in my hair since mine is straight and fine.

You can achieve that look by using either electric curlers or a curling rod. (medium in size.) Just put electric curlers throughout the head and when you take them out, don't comb or brush the curls, just lightly put your fingers through it so it looks loose and natural. Combing will mess that up. There is a certain way you can do it with a curling iron, but this is highly work intensive. You can probably find the details on You tube. You wrap the hair midway up onto the iron THEN you wrap the remainder down the tip onto the iron. Leave it to set and then lighly touch with fingers and don't comb or bush.

I wouldn't think you would want a perm. I don't know of any stylists who give perms anymore since it damages the hair so much. Since you have some natural curl in your hair, you should achieve this style with ease. Lucky you.

Let us know what the stylist says. Good luck.

Here's a link that might help. But, BE CAREFUL. PUtting product on the hair and then heating can cause it to break. I've done it for years, but you can't put too much heat for too long or the hair will break.

Hairstyling Advice : How to Use a Curling Iron for Maximum Results - YouTube
    My hairdresser can make gorgeous waves using her flat iron.I was so eager to try it, I purchased one..darn thing. I hated it. I can never do the back of my head either.
    Debb70 likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

How's my avatar
    Punkin, Kip, MiaT2 and 1 others like this.

Thanks, Debb, for that video link. Last year I had the length and weight to do that, but I've since gone shorter which puts more spring in my curl so I'm guessing that I will need a 2" curling rod like coltnlasma recommended or hot rollers, as you said. I'm not sure how to achieve smoother hair-underneath though like these actresses have. What I used to use when my hair was shorter was a brush style wand. It would tame my curl but still leave me with nice body. If I rolled the wand one way I'd end up with "feathers," rolled it the other and it'd be curled under at the bottom like a pageboy. I'll let you guys know how I make out. It was sweet of so many of you to chime in.

PS JK, I think your avatar is silly, as in fun-silly, not bad-silly.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Here is a question that came up for discussion that I found interesting: What is your 'go to' stress behavior?
    In the spring/summer/fall I love to go for a run when I'm stressed. I usually feel so much better and more centered afterward. Unfortunately over the winter I don't have this outlet. Running inside does not have the same effect at all. I am a nail biter and my nails look horrendous by the end of the winter because I take out stress and anxiety on them!

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

How do you get into a car?

I'm asking because I have a co-worker who can't drive for the next 6 months because of health problems and I've been taking him to and from work.

One of the things he does that really annoys me is when he gets in the passenger side of the car, he faces away from the car and eases in butt first, then swings around to face forward. I tell you what, I give rides to lots of people and I've never seen anyone get in a car like that. Most of my friends slide in sideways so I don't get a prolonged view of their backside.

I've been too timid to say anything because I don't want him to think I'm being a bitch and maybe my being bothered with this is just obsessive/compulsive on my part (dare I saw, anal??) but I'm going to be giving him a ride for another 5 months and I feel like I want to say something. Is there a polite way to ask him to slide in sideways or should I just look the other way when he gets in the car and curb my urge to say anything?
    Current Pools: Masterchef 5, So You Think You Can Dance 11
    Upcoming Pools: Face Off 7 Registration Deadline: July 29th, Project Runway 13 Registration Deadline: July 31st

Do you know why this thing bothers you so? Is he overweight? Maybe he feels he's not too steady on one foot and prefers to keep both on the ground until his butt is firmly planted. Maybe you resent having him impinge on your "alone time" while commuting. (I used to hate to have someone in my car chatting at 7:00am instead of quiet time for me and my radio.) Maybe this habit you see as odd is where you can vent that resentment?

Psychiatry - 5 cents.
    Ellen and Eastcoastmom like this.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I just feel it's polite to look at your passenger to acknowledge their presence when they're getting in the car instead of ignoring them but it so awkward to look at him when he's getting in butt first.

I guess it's just me being weird and I know I can't say anything to him about it so I'll just shut up, bide my time for the next few months, and never offer to drive for him again after this time is up.
    Punkin likes this.
    Current Pools: Masterchef 5, So You Think You Can Dance 11
    Upcoming Pools: Face Off 7 Registration Deadline: July 29th, Project Runway 13 Registration Deadline: July 31st

+ Reply to Thread