+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6246Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

We stopped at Hadley Date Farm on the way home. Among other things, we bought a bottle of California champagne. I am now literally feeling no pain. LOL.
    Punkin, Ellen, CantGetNuf and 2 others like this.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

On Netflix now I've been watching The Shield and Breaking Bad. The Shield was okay, but Breaking Bad is pretty great. The characters are awesome, and Walter White puts Hal to shame. Great main character.
    Debb70 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    On Netflix now I've been watching The Shield and Breaking Bad. The Shield was okay, but Breaking Bad is pretty great. The characters are awesome, and Walter White puts Hal to shame. Great main character.
    I didn't want it to end( breaking bad that is) we are totally hooked on Netflix..
    captain and JohnnyK like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    We stopped at Hadley Date Farm on the way home. Among other things, we bought a bottle of California champagne. I am now literally feeling no pain. LOL.
    LOL, now that's the spirit! literally
    AZChristian likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

NorwIndian! Great news about your son! My son has had similar experiences, and I know just how you feel. Stop apologizing for your posts! That's why we're here!
    AZ - hope you recover quickly.
    Last edited by Gutmutter; 02-22-2014 at 06:31 AM.
    Debb70 and NorwIndian like this.
    Count your blessings!

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Just walked 2.5 miles, so I'm happy to report that there seems to be no residual stiffness or unknown side effects from the fall. So grateful!
    captain, Debb70 and JohnnyK like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kip View Post
    I've noticed that in the last year or so, when I go to step over something, that my trailing foot often hits what I'm stepping over. For some reason I'm not lifting my foot as much as I think I am - a sign of getting older, I suppose.
    Yikes, I did that a couple of months ago! I was unloading the dishwasher and walked around between the open door and the island and caught my back foot on the dishwasher rack and went flying! I landed so hard on my knees and elbows on the hardwood floor that I was in so much pain I literally could not get up for more than 5 minutes. ("Help! I've fallen and I can't get up!" Literally!) I was surprised and lucky I didn't break anything, but I am very careful about walking around instead of 'over' that dishwasher door now. I just had surgery for a torn meniscus in my left knee last year from stepping in a gopher hole and falling in my garden. I'm trying to be more careful about where my feet are planted. Broken bones are no joke at my age. I'm glad you're OK, AZ!!
    AZChristian likes this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Thank goodness! Sometimes you never know until the day after. I was afraid you and NorwIndian were going to have to get tandem wheelchairs! I got pain just reading your account of your fall.

Now, you are seeing the results of your daily walking. It is such a smart thing to do!
    AZChristian likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I'm putting wheelchair ramps into the FORT retirement home ASAP!
    Punkin, Ellen, captain and 3 others like this.
    Count your blessings!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Here is a question that came up for discussion that I found interesting: What is your 'go to' stress behavior?

I either get very quiet, or I sing in stressful situations. I used to be told that I didn't take things seriously or I didn't care because I did not explode or have a tantrum. It surprised me that people would make assumptions like that, but I came to understand that that was common thinking. I've never been one who likes to "put on a show".
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread