+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7212Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

It is said that if you smile while you are talking that it can be heard in your voice. I have noticed a difference when I've tried it, too. My doc is quite the smiler. It's all good.

Enjoy, NorwIndian.
    Ellen, PGM35 and NorwIndian like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I'm in snow! I keep seeing things I have to comment on!
    Proshay, I agree and thanks!

I always call for pizza and my daughter or husband picks it up. We go to the same place every time. The lady there had never seen me.
    I went in one day to pick it up, while I was in line, I smiled at her and she said "I know which pizza you're here to pick up, that's the same huge smile I hear on the phone".

It took me a second to get it. I'm a very smily person but I never knew that somebody could actually hear it.

Snow! This is just what I needed. The dogs are with me and the cats are at my daughter's house. I'll be in the hospital fora while and they don't like being alone. So they'll stay with her.

My friend and I are going to hang out and just have fun. She'll bring me home Sunday night and then in I go.

Talk to you all soon!
    Last edited by NorwIndian; 02-20-2014 at 11:49 PM.
    Punkin, prhoshay, Kip and 2 others like this.
    ~You can't buy love. But you can rescue it~

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Today I haven't had too bad of a day. I had an appt with someone and I feel like I composed myself a lot better than I did last week. And this is only my second appt with this person.

Our fridge has finally also been replaced. So that's a progressful step.

Also, back to dating sites, I, last night, out of complete desperation, messaged someone for a third time. Basically a "sorry for bugging you, I would have loved to talk to you, take care" assuming I'll never have heard back anyway. My goal is to give up on girls altogether. That also means never hoping to meet another attractive girl again in real life. At least not for the next while. I do not need temptations or possible obsessions.

Quote Originally Posted by NorwIndian View Post
    I'm in snow! I keep seeing things I have to comment on!
    Proshay, I agree and thanks!

I always call for pizza and my daughter or husband picks it up. We go to the same place every time. The lady there had never seen me.
    I went in one day to pick it up, while I was in line, I smiled at her and she said "I know which pizza you're here to pick up, that's the same huge smile I hear on the phone".

It took me a second to get it. I'm a very smily person but I never knew that somebody could actually hear it.

Snow! This is just what I needed. The dogs are with me and the cats are at my daughter's house. I'll be in the hospital fora while and they don't like being alone. So they'll stay with her.

My friend and I are going to hang out and just have fun. She'll bring me home Sunday night and then in I go.

Talk to you all soon!
    I am sending a multitude of positive thoughts your way for a successful surgery. Have a great weekend with your friend!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    Today I haven't had too bad of a day. I had an appt with someone and I feel like I composed myself a lot better than I did last week. And this is only my second appt with this person.

Also, back to dating sites, I, last night, out of complete desperation, messaged someone for a third time. Basically a "sorry for bugging you, I would have loved to talk to you, take care" assuming I'll never have heard back anyway. My goal is to give up on girls altogether. That also means never hoping to meet another attractive girl again in real life. At least not for the next while. I do not need temptations or possible obsessions.
    I also met with someone, first time. It was a good talk, and I hope to see her again. I am glad today was not a bad day for you, it was good day for me as well
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

NorwIndian, sending you positive and healing thoughts and prayers to you!
    Debb70 likes this.

NorwIndian - at least you know exactly what to expect this time. Sometimes mental preparation makes a huge difference. When I had chemo, I kept a journal so that each time I could remind myself, "Today I may want to sleep as much as possible" or "baked potatoes really helped last time when I felt this nauseous." That sort of thing. I hope all goes well and the added treatment is worth it. Stay in touch as much as possible!
    Kip and Debb70 like this.
    Count your blessings!

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post

Glad you got a new refrigerator. Little improvements can make a big difference. I think it's wise of you to take the focus off of dating for a while. Concentrate on doing things you enjoy, doing things to improve yourself (for example, learning to do something new), and doing things for others. You might be surprised - sometimes a love interest pops into our lives when we least expect it.

NorwIndian - I had just noticed the date and popped in here to see how you were doing regarding your approaching surgery. You've got a lot of people rooting for you.
    Eastcoastmom likes this.

I had an odd problem. My dryer wasnt working too good--no heat and nothing was drying. Before the repairman would come out and look at it, he said the warranty would not cover a blocked vent, which is what it sounded like. So I unhooked the hose at the back and looked further into the pipe that take the hot air outside and it was very badly blocked! No air was getting thru and being blocked liked that was also a fire hazard. Looking around I found that there are places whose business it is to unblock these vents! I had no idea. Anyway I did get someone to come out and do it this morning and now my dryer is working like new!
    PGM35 likes this.

I had that happen to me a few months back cablejockey. I am going to make a point in keeping it checked so not to happen again.
    cablejockey likes this.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

+ Reply to Thread