+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5834Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by anemone;2189317;
    I wasn't really sure where to put this. But I have to share my escapades. Call it Adventures in a snow drift. ....We are on the outer fringes of the storm. The brunt of it is hitting the I-25 corridor in Colorado, again. To any FoRTers in that area: Be careful. Stay safe and warm!
    anemone:
    Wasn't that a story!! Wow, I'm glad you are all safe and warm. How sweet of you to make sure your Mom was ok with foodstuffs, and your SO to come to your rescue; even if his monster truck broke down a bit. Isn't it nice to have neighbors help pull together to get you going?! That's the only good thing about bad weather sometimes. I didn't know you were down in the Denver CO area! We've been seeing your weather on the national news up here. I have some friends down there who love to ski. But I don't think they're skiing much these days. Probably staying put.

Do take care and stay warm! . PS. I hope your power stays on... my cousin lost hers in the Seattle storms and lost everything in her frig and freezer. And then she left her hubby, 3 dogs and 2 cats to go to Victoria to stay with friends who had power. Not sure what I think about that!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2190021;
    anemone:
    Wasn't that a story!! Wow, I'm glad you are all safe and warm. How sweet of you to make sure your Mom was ok with foodstuffs, and your SO to come to your rescue; even if his monster truck broke down a bit. Isn't it nice to have neighbors help pull together to get you going?! That's the only good thing about bad weather sometimes. I didn't know you were down in the Denver CO area! We've been seeing your weather on the national news up here. I have some friends down there who love to ski. But I don't think they're skiing much these days. Probably staying put.

Do take care and stay warm! . PS. I hope your power stays on... my cousin lost hers in the Seattle storms and lost everything in her frig and freezer. And then she left her hubby, 3 dogs and 2 cats to go to Victoria to stay with friends who had power. Not sure what I think about that!
    This may be a dumb question. (forgive me, I lived in Florida all my life), but if you have a bad winter storm and the power goes off, can't you put your food outside to keep it from spoiling??? I don't mean where animals can get it, but somewhere???? Like I said, this may be dumb, but was just wondering because if its cold out and the power is out, then the cold would keep the food good right?
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2190173;
    This may be a dumb question. (forgive me, I lived in Florida all my life), but if you have a bad winter storm and the power goes off, can't you put your food outside to keep it from spoiling??? I don't mean where animals can get it, but somewhere???? Like I said, this may be dumb, but was just wondering because if its cold out and the power is out, then the cold would keep the food good right?
    Not a dumb question...
    Here in Michigan, I put stuff outside to keep it cold during the winter quite often. In fact, for our party that we had on Christmas eve, my deck served as sort of a walk-in-cooler. I kept salads, beverages, etc. outside because my fridge was full. So, to answer your question, yes - you could keep stuff outside, probably in a cooler to keep the critters away.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2190173;
    Like I said, this may be dumb, but was just wondering because if its cold out and the power is out, then the cold would keep the food good right?
    The problem is if the temperature is below freezing (which it usually is when the power goes out) then all of your food that you can't freeze (lettuce, etc) will be ruined. But yes, it has been done. I've kept many a twelve pack outside back in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;2190188;
    The problem is if the temperature is below freezing (which it usually is when the power goes out) then all of your food that you can't freeze (lettuce, etc) will be ruined. But yes, it has been done. I've kept many a twelve pack outside back in the day.
    We do the same thing with soda lol and once the cardboard box thingy the 12 packs come in gets wet, those suckers will stay cold forever!
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone;2189690;
    Oh, and at your mom spinning the Pope's head around. Did they change the head to the one of the new Pope?
    How would you know? They all look the same! (Yes, I think they did.)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2189913;
    How did he sound? He's coming to Charlotte but I can't go. Or he may have been there. Still couldn't go.

I'd LOVE to see him. Glad you had a good time except for the seating. I know what you mean about being crowded into seats.
    He sounded great. His voice is a little different in that it is deeper and raspier but he sounded good. There was a couple songs that were a little hard to hear (one duet off the new album with a female backup singer is the one I can think of). He also did Night Moves a little different with the piano and a slower mode that may have suited his voice now better.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by nlmcp;2190462;
    He sounded great. His voice is a little different in that it is deeper and raspier but he sounded good. There was a couple songs that were a little hard to hear (one duet off the new album with a female backup singer is the one I can think of). He also did Night Moves a little different with the piano and a slower mode that may have suited his voice now better.
    Good to hear he's sounding better. I heard him a year or so ago at the induction to the rock and roll hall of fame and he was very raspy.

Our Sunday School teacher is a HUGE Seger fan and he was telling the class that he (the teacher) had to have bypass surgery and would be out for a few weeks and he had gone out and bought the new Seger Album and some other stuff to keep him occupied during recovery. But said after he saw the first song on the album was "Wreck my Heart", he had second thoughts about it.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

LOL MRD, yeah that song title could give one pause.

Took my oldest to get her hair cut. She was going to donate about 12 inches of her hair but the stylist talked her into checking to see if she could sell it frist. The stylist was rather down on donating the hair for various reasons. However she couldn't give us the name of places that bought hair, there are a few on the internet almost like e-bay where you post the picture of the hair and people bid. I guess I need to check around in Michigan to see if anyone buys it here.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nlmcp;2190622;
    She was going to donate about 12 inches of her hair but the stylist talked her into checking to see if she could sell it frist. The stylist was rather down on donating the hair for various reasons.
    My nieces all donated their hair to places that made wigs for cancer survivors. They look super cute with their short hair and feel good about their donation. When I had really long hair, I wanted to do the same but my stupid stylist cut it in bits and pieces--all too short to donate. (And now I color my hair so I can't donate.)

+ Reply to Thread