+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6756Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Speaking of angry grandmas, when my mom had her Facebook account, she made a number of online friends throughout the world. But for some reason, an 80-something year old woman from the US had something out for my mom. One of my mom's FB friends was living in Africa, and this African was also in contact with the 80 year old. The 80 year old would go out of her way to try to ruin the friendship between my mom and the African for whatever reason. At the time, my mom was attempting to promote a book she got published so maybe it was bitterness and jealousy on the 80 year old's part.

But that wasn't the only situation like that. My mom also had conversations with a man living in the US and eventually the guy's ex caught on to it and thought there was something going on between the guy and my mom. The ex ended up somehow hacking the account of the guy and proceeded to block my mom on FB.

I mean it's all ridiculous. Grown adults having nothing better to do than having internet drama with people from other countries. Losers.

But yeah that suddenly came to mind.

Luckily and fortunately, my mom isn't one to hold a grudge. I mean, of course, she's had worse stuff happen in her life than dealing with some stupid people online. As I mentioned before on here, she was in an abusive relationship with my dad for 7 years, and not only that, but her own parents ended up siding with my dad. To this day, my grandma still seems to be delusional about everything that happened between my parents. But does my mom hold a grudge against anyone? No. She still talks to her mom on the phone sometimes, and she doesn't hate my dad. So it's good.
    Photobabe and Baby's Breath like this.

By the way, I finished 9th/18. People kept calling my bluffs. That didn't help my stack. Ergh.

I totally agree with Critical. It is a relationship that is worth the extra effort. Those grandkids will be the tie that binds you as grandmas together forever. My 'other grandma' and I took some time to find the things we had in common. I feel that I took the high road, but probably truth is closer to it was an effort on both our parts once we got past any jealousy. And the best outcome is that it expands the family. I enjoyed getting to know my DIL's sister's families, and visa-versa. Cousins and second cousins all over the place. It's worth your best try, Nor.
    Critical and NorwIndian like this.

JohnnyK, that's terrible. One of the reasons I've been hesitant about joining Facebook is because it seems like a lot of potential for drama and I hate drama. My daughter has told me stories about her posting something and somebody thinking it was about them and drama ensues.

Critical, I have to agree. I hate using the jealousy thing but that's what I think it is too. My mom was insanely jealous when I met L and his parents embraced my kids as their own grandkids. My mom had never had to deal with another grandma beforeand she didn't like it. I tried to get her to see that its a good thing that his family embraced my kids like they did but she never saw it that way.

As far as Granny goes, my daughter told me that she actually seemed happy that after my accident, I couldn't run around with the kids anymore. My daughter said after Granny heard about my fall, she got a smirk on her face and said "bless her heart, what a shame she can't run around and ride tricycles with the kids now".

She's about 25 years older than me and to be honest, isn't much fun. I like to get down and dirty and play with the kids, while she's yelling at them to not get dirty, so they want to be with me more. I feel bad, but I'm not going to change who I am or change my relationship with the kids just because she doesn't like me.
    Maybe instead, she could try to be a little more fun for them.

I'm hoping that she and I can have some type of relationship some day but if not, its not for lack of trying on my part. In the meantime, I'll keep killing her with kindness.
    ~You can't buy love. But you can rescue it~

That is a pretty big age difference and it just may be one where you can't bridge the gap with her, but just keep the door open and don't let her negativity win in the long haul. Kids are smart and can see who is trying and who is not. And it's a shame your mother can't embrace open hearted people who adore her grandchildren. Anybody who loves those who I love is OK by me! Easy as that!

That's how I feel too Punkin. My mom never saw it that way. My mom was a good nana though, she was a much better nana than she was a mother, sad to say. My grandparents all died before I was born, I really thought I'd have jealousy towards the other grandma but I'm just happy that my grandkids have 4 grandparents who love them.
    I'll win her over eventually. My wit and sparking personality will do it. Lmao. (that was sarcasm).
    Last edited by NorwIndian; 02-16-2014 at 09:51 PM.
    Punkin and AZChristian like this.
    ~You can't buy love. But you can rescue it~

I saw a note on Facebook that said this:

"It is wrong to tax a working person almost to the breaking point, then give it to a person who is able to work, but refuses to"

What does it mean exactly

CCL

^Seems like an anti-welfare statement.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Don't people on welfare have to pay taxes too?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    Don't people on welfare have to pay taxes too?
    If they are working they do but if they aren't and welfare is all they get then no I don't believe it is taxable. Someone correct me if I am wrong.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

+ Reply to Thread