+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6256Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Happy Valentines Day every one.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

Thank you! Same to you and to everybody here! I hope you all have a lovely day.

I had more Stargazer Lilies delivered today from my honey. All together its a hundred stems half came yesterday and half today. All of my vases are full. My favorite flower. My son came on his lunch hour and brought me lunch (a hot dog from a local place called Caspers. Yum) Rolos and Dr. Pepper. My guys know me very well.
    My son in law has to work late and my husband is out of town so my daughter and grandkids are coming over for dinner.

I'm having a great day today, I hope you all are too.
    Last edited by NorwIndian; 02-14-2014 at 05:30 PM.
    Punkin, CantGetNuf, shyra and 2 others like this.
    ~You can't buy love. But you can rescue it~

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Valentine's Day is not for me.
    Punkin likes this.

JohnnyK, it is usually just another day for us. We tell each other every day how much we love each other, and I've never needed the flowers and candy and crap. I just think my family is on a "lets cheer up mom" kick. But I'm just fine.
    Punkin, PGM35 and Cootie like this.

Am I the only person on earth that didn't know there is a "right way" to use in-ear earphones?

I bought a new pair for running recently. I had been using my iPhone earbuds, but they start falling out after a few miles. I ordered the new ones from Amazon that I found in a list of the top earphones for runners and they had excellent reviews on Amazon as well. So I got them earlier this week and the sound was clear, but there was absolutely no bass and I have a high preference for hearing the bass sounds in my music. I was going to return them, but it was really bothering me that no one else seemed to have this issue. So after poking around on the Internet I found an article called "Stop Wearing Your Earphones the Wrong Way". I had NO IDEA that you are supposed to pull down on your ear lobe and seat them further in so you get them "sealed" into your ears. I didn't even think it would make much difference with the sound, but they are AMAZING now! The comments on that article made it seem like this was the most obvious thing in the world. I'm even a techie person, but I had no idea...
    Punkin, PGM35, nennie and 1 others like this.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I didn't know that, ClosetRTWatcher. One of the reasons I've always hated using ear buds is because they keep falling out. Thanks for letting me know I was doing it wrong and telling me the right way to wear them!!

ClosetRTwatcher, I had no idea! I don't use them often but that's good to know. My granddaughter plays on my Kindle and uses them. She always says she can't hear it very well and I don't let her turn the volume up too high. They always fall out of her ears too.
    Thanks for the tip.

I used to wear ear buds when I worked in a busy office. Then I read the statistics about bacterial growth in your ears while you're wearing them and I switched to regular headphones (which are almost as bad, btw). I never can find ear buds that are comfortable. They don't fall out, but there's something about my left ear that isn't "right." I can't ever get them to sit in that ear in a way that doesn't end up hurting. I only use them if I'm watching a movie on my laptop and the sound isn't good enough through the speakers, so it's not like I'm willing to spend a ton of money on new ones. I just use the pair that came with my iPhone.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

I'm still hoping to get some multiplayer FORT games on here sometime. Not those in the Fun & Games forum but actual, like, arcade video game types. Like cards or something.
    NorwIndian likes this.

I'm thinking that I may finally break down and get me a Facebook account. I used to think it was for younger people but I guess it's for older people too. My daughter has been wanting me to do it for a while.
    If I decide to do it, do you guys do Facebook? I know a couple of you do, would anybody want to be my "friend"?

I will admit to knowing nothing about it but I think I'll look into getting one.

JohnnyK, that sounds like a good idea. I'm in.

My daughter and I have decided to get matching tattoos for her 30th birthday next month. We sat down tonight and worked up our design. My daughter in laws cousin is a tattoo artist so she'll be doing it for us. I'm so excited!
    Last edited by NorwIndian; 02-15-2014 at 01:06 AM.
    shyra, PGM35 and Cootie like this.

+ Reply to Thread