+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6547Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Good going JK! I used to love watching the poker shows. I never think to look for that kind of thing on YouTube.
    ~You can't buy love. But you can rescue it~

Good going JK!
    I used to love watching the poker shows. I never think to look for that kind of thing on YouTube.
    Maybe you can start on a smaller scale. If you're doing this good, you could maybe win some real money. And maybe hit up a real game one day, are there any card places in your area?

Quote Originally Posted by NorwIndian View Post
    I met L not long after that. He is the polar opposite of my ex. He moved in with me 2 weeks after we met and we have our 25th anniversary in May. He's not technically my husband. We have never married, I just call him my husband for lack of a better word.
    Aren't those second husbands great? I love mine. I always say, "If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck, it must be a marriage." I hate when people want to get "technical". I referred to my dil as my dil to my snarky nephew in law and he said, "Oh. Did they get married?" I said, "Well they have been together since grade school, they have a son, and they have lived together for 3yrs. So, yeah. They're married."

I'm sorry you had such a horrible ex. But BRAVO for getting out!!!! I married my first husband when I was 17. I shake my head now when I think about it. On paper he is stereotypical wife beater. I mean ALL the signs were there. But I was an idiot who knew better. Luckily this idiot has a very strong family support. I was raised believing a man who would raise his hand to a woman is one of the lowest of the low. Right there with pedophile. Most of the things my husband did I just took in stride. Like controlling the money and not letting me have any. I just assumed he was taking care of the bills and even though we had 5 jobs between the two of us we were barely getting by. Having to account for every minute of my day was justified curiosity for a husband. Trying to cut me off from the family who lived in another state by limiting my phone calls was understandable. These were the days before the phone wars. Making a long distance call cost some serious money. But the day he raised his fist to me I was shocked. Floored. I thought I would recognize the face of evil. It was the burly tattooed biker we passed on the interstate. It was the dirty guy hanging out in the liquor store parking lot. It was not my clean shaven, yuppie husband. When that veil got ripped away it was a physical feeling that poured through my body from head to toe. Shock turn to rage. I looked him in the eye, brought my fist back, and told him, "Go ahead. When I'm done kicking your a$$ I'm calling my brother and my dad." I saw it in his eyes. His anger warred with his fear. He slowly lowered his fist. That was it. I got out of that abusive relationship before it even had a chance to get started. I give credit to my dad and brother. When I told him I would call them, he knew without a doubt they would come. And God save him when they did. And I give credit to my mom and aunt for teaching me what a strong independent woman is. And that you don't "have" to have a man. Sometimes when I think about it, I get embarrassed. I didn't see all the signs that were right there. Then I think, he's the idiot who should be embarrassed for thinking I would ever be his victim.

My second husband is the most awesome. After I had my tubes tide I became the poster child for PMS. My crazy goes from zero to sixty in two point oh. One day many years ago we had a particularly bad fight. I don't remember what it was about. But he was walking away from me and I was ticked! I took my shoe off and threw it at him. Pegged him right in the back. He spun around so quick and the look on his face. I said to myself, "Aw hell, you've messed up now." He rushed me and I was so scared of what he was going to do I just froze. He bent over and grabbed me by the waist turning me upside down. Then he lightly shook me a few times, put me down, and walked away. Message received. I won't hit you and you won't squash me like an ant. Got it.
    Lizard and NorwIndian like this.
    "You better watch your mouth sunshine."-Daryl Dixon

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Watched a wedding on GMA this morning. It was lovely. John Legend was the wedding singer! I've got this pet peeve about dancing; there is nothing worse than being rocked back and forth or danced in a circle on a dance floor!!! No, No, NO!!!

I guess I was spoiled by having a man who loved to dance and had decent skills. Dancing ability is a requirement for me!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Looking through my wallet this morning, I found a dollar bill with a wheresgeorge.com stamp on it (a website where people can log in marked bills to see where they've been) so I looked it up and registered its location with me. This bill started off in Archbold, Ohio on November 6, 2013 and no one else has registered its location until I did. That bill sure came a long way to end up in Tallahassee, Florida in February! 766 miles according to wheresgeorge.

I elected to have them send me an email when someone else registers the bill so I can see where it goes to from here.

BTW, I first found out about that site several years ago when I found a bill with a stamp on it. I just checked my account and it was 2008 when I found that first bill. It originated in Randolph New Jersey on May 27, 2006. There are no other entries for that bill so I don't know who else got it before I did or where it went after I used it.

Wouldn't it be wild to end up getting the same bill back?? Especially if it was many years later.
    Last edited by pikachu; 02-14-2014 at 10:29 AM.
    Brooks and Debb70 like this.
    Current Pools: Face Off 7, Project Runway 13
    New Pools: DWTS 19, Registration deadline: September 22nd, Survivor 29, Registration deadline: October 1st,
    Amazing Race 25, Registration deadline: October 3rd

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    Looking through my wallet this morning, I found a dollar bill with a wheresgeorge.com stamp on it (a website where people can log in marked bills to see where they've been) so I looked it up and registered its location with me. This bill started off in Archbold, Ohio on November 6, 2013 and no one else has registered its location until I did. That bill sure came a long way to end up in Tallahassee, Florida in February! 766 miles according to wheresgeorge.

I elected to have them send me an email when someone else registers the bill so I can see where it goes to from here.

BTW, I first found out about that site several years ago when I found a bill with a stamp on it. I just checked my account and it was 2008 when I found that first bill. It originated in Randolph New Jersey on May 27, 2006. There are no other entries for that bill so I don't know who else got it before I did or where it went after I used it.

Wouldn't it be wild to end up getting the same bill back?? Especially if it was many years later.
    I've never heard about these stamps. Very interesting! Are the stamps only on $1 bills? How large is the stamp? Where's the location of the stamp...so I can begin looking for them? Thank you.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Bills can be marked or entered by anybody so any denomination can be entered. Apparently they used to sell wheresgeorge stamps but they don't anymore. They suggested that you get a stamp made at an office supply store.

Here's a link to their FAQ page which gives more information: Where's George? - Currency Tracking Project - FAQs, Rules/User Guidelines, and Privacy Policy

And here's a scan of my bill so you can see the markings. I removed the serial number from the scanned image just so 50 people on this site don't register the bill for kicks!

And looky here! I still have a scan in my Photobucket account of the first bill I found years ago.

Last edited by pikachu; 02-14-2014 at 11:22 AM.
    Current Pools: Face Off 7, Project Runway 13
    New Pools: DWTS 19, Registration deadline: September 22nd, Survivor 29, Registration deadline: October 1st,
    Amazing Race 25, Registration deadline: October 3rd

I think I have seen the bills but I assumed it was a snarky reference to George Bush.
    Ellen and Debb70 like this.

I am sorry about your first husband NorwIndian. It is wonderful that you have been with a nice man who has been good to your kids. Here's to goodness.
    NorwIndian likes this.
    You can do it!

I got a "Where's George" bill about 6 months ago. It had come from Billings Montana. I thought it was kind of cool to see where it came from. I wish more people registered them.

+ Reply to Thread