+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6975Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

He wasn't human. I can't be sorry for the relationship because it gave me my kids and they ended up with the best daddy so its all good.
    Besides, he died in a fire and I had give them pictures of his tattoos so they could identify him. Karma is indeed a b*****.
    I found out later that after I left him he started a meth lab with a friend and it exploded, that was the cause of the fire. Karma,karma, karma. Do terrible things and she'll get you.
    Punkin and ClosetRTWatcher like this.
    ~You can't buy love. But you can rescue it~

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Anyone here like or play poker?

I just finished up a 45 person online tournament. I finished 2nd. Not much of a loss. I still get a lot more than I "paid" to get in. I did well in that one.

Quote Originally Posted by NorwIndian View Post
    I'm a weird one I guess. I've always really enjoyed housework. Back when I was able, I made a CD I called "Housework Helper" that had a lot of fast bouncy songs , like the Footloose theme for example and I would blast that and dance around with the mop and vacuum and I got into it.
    Once a week I would take everything off the walls and wipe them down, same with the shelves. I enjoyed the mindless work. I like a very clean house. I tried a housekeeper once when I was working but I didn't like somebody else cleaning my house. I'd rather do it myself.
    I clean what I can reach now and my drawers have never been more organized.
    I like yard work too.

Like I said, I guess I'm a weird one.
    I'll just slip in the customary "You're welcome to come to my house to clean ALL YOU WANT" response

Based on what you posted today, it's obvious what a strong person you are. If you can live through that, you can absolutely get through this next surgery and recovery.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Good job JohnnyK! I stink at poker. I like playing it but my poker face is non existent. Every thought and feeling I have is all over my face.
    I kick but at Blackjack though.
    JohnnyK likes this.

It was online so nobody had to see my face. Real life I never really play. yet.
    NorwIndian likes this.

I love that you said "yet".

I wasn't going to speak of it again but I do have one more thing I need to say to anybody who thinks verbal or emotional abuse isn't just as bad as physical abuse...my breals, cuts and bruises have long since healed but late at night, I still hear the horrible things he said. I was 16 when I met him (had 2 kids by age 19) I married him to escape my house and alcoholic parents. He had me convinced that I was the reason my parents drank. Even though sensibly, I know that isn't true. I believed it for a long time.
    I honestly would rather he break my jaw again or punch me in my throat then to have to hear those words. I would beg him to shut up and hit me instead.

Ok....I'm officially done writing about him. He's not worth the finger movements.
    Last edited by NorwIndian; 02-14-2014 at 12:10 AM.
    Punkin and Cootie like this.

I'm sorry to hear about all of that.

My mom's been in an abusive relationship for seven years with none other than my now 77-year-old dad. Was there verbal abuse? Probably. I remember the physical abuse, actually happening in front of my eyes, both in Hungary and while we were with him here as well. Unfortunately it caused some permanent damage to my mom.

But I agree. Strong verbal abuse is worse than anything physical that does not last permanently. Like I'd rather be slapped or punched in the nose then have something said to me that will haunt me for years to come.

So by the way, I just won a 4-man poker game. The buy in was $2,000 and I picked up another $7,200. When the starting chip balance for anyone is only $1,000, winning that much is pretty good.

The first 45 man tournament I entered didn't go too well for me. Very first hand - I have KK, which is great. Then some loser without a pair goes all-in pre-flop before me. Then I with the KK, second best starting hand ever, obviously calls thinking I have the best odds. Then the loser gets really lucky on the flop and I am screwed - Out on the very first hand. Then I used my rage and finished 2nd in the next one.

Pretty good?! That's fantastic!! Wow, I'm so happy for you. You're kicking some butt. That's something to be proud of.
    Yay!

Thank you JohnnyK. I wasn't saying it to get sympathy. Some people just don't see verbal abuse as real abuse and I just wanted to get that out there. Thank you.
    It must be hard for you to see your mom be treated that way. I'm glad you are a good guy and smart enough to know that's not how it should be.

I'm only going to talk about happy things from now on! I had a huge bouquet of my favorite flower Stargazer Lily delivered today from my honey from the road. He'll be home Saturday. I can't wait. He's been gone too long.
    Last edited by NorwIndian; 02-14-2014 at 03:16 AM.
    JohnnyK likes this.

I just won another 4 man game about 10 minutes ago, so that's another $7,000 for me. And again, this isn't real money. Maybe some day I can go ahead and try for that. There's this big multi-thousand person tournament taking place on that site soon with only a $1 entry fee (real), and the winner gets $25,000. It's a great trade but a tournament with about 5000 people is going to be super long and super hard. I won't be joining but thought I'd share.

I guess it helps that I've been watching older poker games on Youtube.
    Punkin and NorwIndian like this.

CCL

Nice going, JohnnyK!
    JohnnyK likes this.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

+ Reply to Thread