+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6749Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I would no more be out shoveling snow than the man in the moon! The way I see it, if God put it down there, he can come and get it with his sunshine and warmer temperatures.

Gut, don't you and the tequila throw any body parts out while you're out there doing the ridiculous......shoveling snow!!

What inanity!!!!
    AZChristian likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Tequila shots for shoveling snow? Well I've never tried shoveling snow, but if there's a Party.....

Shoveling snow is hard work......can burn lots of calories.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

The tequila shots were the perfect solution. I did the bare minimum to get out if I have to tomorrow and did it in record time. I finished just as it started to get dark and changed from snow to freezing rain.
    Punkin likes this.
    Count your blessings!

In my marriage, it was almost 4 years of pure hell. He was very verbally, sexually and physically abusive. His favorite activity was stomping on or bending back my toes and breaking them. I will spare the gory details but it sucked. I'll put it that way. He did the world a favor and died shortly after I got the nerve to leave for good

I met L not long after that. He is the polar opposite of my ex. He moved in with me 2 weeks after we met and we have our 25th anniversary in May. He's not technically my husband. We have never married, I just call him my husband for lack of a better word.
    I honestly don't think we've had a "bad" year. We get along extremely well. I can count on one hand the number of big "fights" we have had. He's loving, sweet, caring and gentle even though if you judged him by his looks you would think he would tear your head off. He's a big bear.
    He's also been a wonderful daddy to my kids. I shudder to think of them being raised by their sperm donor. "L" is my kids daddy and you can't tell them different, or him.

I've been really lucky. I've seen evil and now I have the best guy I could ever hope to have.
    Last edited by NorwIndian; 02-13-2014 at 06:45 PM.
    Punkin, CantGetNuf, shyra and 6 others like this.
    ~You can't buy love. But you can rescue it~

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Maybe tequila shots are what I need to get me to cook and be a housekeeper everyday?

I've never had tequila before!
    Lizard, Cootie and coltnlasma like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I tried to fight my best friends (giant) mother outside a bar after drinking tequila. One of the many, many reasons I haven't had a drink in over 18 years.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Maybe tequila shots are what I need to get me to cook and be a housekeeper everyday?

I've never had tequila before!
    I don't think even tequila shots would help me enjoy housework. I hate it. I do house work because I like a clean house, but not with a happy heart. I'm more of a hold your nose and get it over with type of person so I can go do something I enjoy.
    Yard work, now that's a different story. Give me a jug of water, sunscreen and yard work to do and I have a ecstatic heart.

I met a lady the other day who said she never has to cook. Her husband went to culinary school and does all the cooking. Now talk about a lucky woman.
    Last edited by inthegarden; 02-13-2014 at 07:38 PM.

I'm a weird one I guess. I've always really enjoyed housework. Back when I was able, I made a CD I called "Housework Helper" that had a lot of fast bouncy songs , like the Footloose theme for example and I would blast that and dance around with the mop and vacuum and I got into it.
    Once a week I would take everything off the walls and wipe them down, same with the shelves. I enjoyed the mindless work. I like a very clean house. I tried a housekeeper once when I was working but I didn't like somebody else cleaning my house. I'd rather do it myself.
    I clean what I can reach now and my drawers have never been more organized.
    I like yard work too.

Like I said, I guess I'm a weird one.

I'm sorry about your first husband NorwIndian. I can't imagine one human being doing that to another. I'm overjoyed you found someone who treasures you. I hate housework, love to garden until the bugs come and then I'm done.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread