+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6941Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I don't know if I would find another one or not. I would think I would try to but there's a lid for every pot and I found my lid! LOL - he was never married and had no kids and is a lot like his father - he lets me run the household and we do "our" jobs, like he takes care of the cars and outside and me, the bills/finances and the inside of the house. heehee. It would be hard to train another one. We are going on 12 years this April and I think our first year was the best (we had just met and were dating) then the 2nd was hard as he went off to Iraq for 9 months. We've had our ups and downs but stuck through it and not a lot of guys would have. Oh well. Who knows but for now, things and life are good!
    Punkin and Eastcoastmom like this.

I will never understand women who arrange for their husband to pair with their best friend in the event that they should pass. Nor will I understand the men and the best friends that go along with it!

Staying out of this one.
    Still snowing hard. I asked if we would likely have school tomorrow on the Boston channel weather chat and the meteorologist said no, but I should do my homework just in case. He thought I was a student.
    Punkin, waywyrd, Brooks and 7 others like this.
    Count your blessings!

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I've always said that men "move on to the next one" fairly quickly. I do know that you see that behavior in dating/divorced couples. Death can be a different issue, all together. A lot of times, I think we become mother-figures, tending to their daily needs and allowing our own to be neglected. Dr. Phil tells us that we teach people how to treat us. I believe this. I cannot be someone's cook and housekeeper, unless that's just what I happen to be in the mood to do that day.
    I, too, can tend to drift toward the loner side, so I don't need to have somebody around me on a regular basis. I treasure my private time.
    Shay, yes, absolutely, I am guilty of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    Staying out of this one.
    Still snowing hard. I asked if we would likely have school tomorrow on the Boston channel weather chat and the meteorologist said no, but I should do my homework just in case. He thought I was a student.
    at both parts of your post!

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

We've got about 9 new inches of snow with drifts well over a foot. It's stopped snowing for now but more is expected this evening.

I'm three miles west of the I-95 corridor. What is the chance a storm would follow it so closely for hundreds of miles? Obviously very unlikely. When the snow recedes I hope someone looks for the snow-making machines all those weathermen planted alongside the highway, facing west. It's a conspiracy, I tell ya!

At home, ready to spring to action with the snowblower just before it turns from heavy snow to heavy rain. Should be in a couple hours. So far a very relaxing day at home. The cats aren't whining to go out for a walk for some reason, LOL.
    Punkin likes this.

My husband and I were best (platonic) friends and co-workers before we even started dating. We've been through a lot: health stuff, unemployment, etc. We've had our disagreements and blow-ups. We've been each others comforters and cheerleaders. Fortunately, we've remained childfree. We're still in love and best friends.
    Punkin, Brooks, Cootie and 1 others like this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

OMG - I soooooo don't feel like shoveling, but I've decided to do a couple of shots of tequila and just bundle up and DO IT! If we do have school tomorrow, I need to be able to get out.
    Punkin likes this.
    Count your blessings!

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

An answer from me - probably the longest-married person on this board. Hubby and I will celebrate (and I mean that sincerely) 50 years in August. It took about 13 years before I accepted the fact that I deserved this wonderful guy. Once that happened, things just kept getting better and better.

I know this sounds just awful to say, but I'm a better wife than I ever was a mother. If I had it to do over again, I'm not sure I'd choose motherhood. I love my kids and grandkids, but I feel like I was just an awful mother. I was too messed up emotionally to be a good mother. Maybe if I'd waited about 20 years to have them, things would be different.
    Punkin, Ellen, nennie and 1 others like this.

+ Reply to Thread