+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6766Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Some of the teachers were thinking we should have had school with an early dismissal (they don't want to make it up in the summer), but I went out for a swim and sauna a little after 7 and it was already very slippery. I think they made the right call. I'm home now and ready for anything. My car is parked away from any falling limb possibilities, I have wood in, shovel at the ready, electronics charged, candles and flashlights out. I love the rush of a big snow storm.
    Waywyrd - I remember during our big ice storm a few years ago, it sounded like ship wrecks in the woods out back as trees cracked and crashed down... all night long.
    Count your blessings!

Several years ago we had a really bad ice storm that tore trees up everywhere and when you walked outside it sounded like a war zone form all the cracking and breaking of limbs. I had trees and limbs down all over my yard. This is one time we had to pay to have someone help us get them removed. Our kids were our of school for almost 2 weeks. Didn't think we would ever got out of that deep freeze. We only got a dusting of snow tuesday morning so we are happy about that. Going to be near 60 today here in Oklahoma and above that for the next week. Forecast shows 69 next week......Yippeee.
    Punkin likes this.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

I've been looking at the condition of our roads and it's unreal how many abandoned and wrecked cars there are all along the roadways! Hundreds of cars are in ditches, medians or just sitting next to the road. Some are wrecked, others just left. It's so bizarre. The last storm that caused a traffic gridlock here was terrible and long lasting, but eventually most everyone got their car home, but this time, they just left them.

A couple more:

I'm already missing our hot, humid summers.
    shyra and Debb70 like this.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Love that middle one with the "berries" (or whatever they are).
    Count your blessings!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Hot, humid summers should be against the law!!! They are like living in HELL.
    Jamie5632 and inthegarden like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    Love that middle one with the "berries" (or whatever they are).
    That's one of my poor crepe myrtles...a big limb cracked off, but I think it'll be okay.

I'll take hot and humid over this mess any day! Not a fan of the cold. And this area is not equipped to deal with ice and snow to this degree.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Today, I heard "someone" say that they thought that the first 3 years of marriage are the most difficult. I'm thinking they used to give a different number.....like maybe "the first year is the most difficult."

As I stood by waiting for my first year to pass, and then my third year to pass.....the newlywed PIA period didn't seem to go away until year 5!!! Of course, I also did not marry early; I was 30.

What have YOUR experiences been???
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

First year was hard. I was ready to pack it in and go on my way but my daddy said you made your bed lay in it and 42 years later I am still married. They say 10 years is the testing time. My 9th year was rough. Now I tell the old geezer when he shows his butt to go watch tv and get over it especially when he acts like he is the best thing that happened to me since sliced bread. I also tell him go find someone who will cook, clean and wash his dirty underwear and go get him a new lunch pail on whim. I just got a call from him telling me he needed a new one......lol. My hubs has it made. I wait on him hand and foot most of the time.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

42 years!!!!! WOW!!!

I also believe that the "7-year itch" is factual. I got itchy feet and eyeballs, but I didn't give into them. It eventually will go away.

+ Reply to Thread