+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6435Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2188686;
    A friend had told me, quite a while ago, about a way to get rid of the onion smell, and I thought I'd try it. She told me to run the blade of a butcher knife under cold water, and move my hands along the blade, and the smell would be gone.
    I could never do this because no matter how I did it, I would cut my hand up with that knife. I am that clumsy! I usually squeeze a little lemon juice on my hands to get rid of food odors and that seems to help.

It's supposed to be some reaction with the stainless steel. I've also read it works to run your hands along your faucet (if it's chrome or stainless). My mom got me a stainless disk to keep by the sink for that purpose, but of course it got lost in the shuffle of life.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone;2188385;
    I love Buca. Unfortunately, the one here in Omaha closed so there isn't one anywhere near me anymore. I always got a kick out of the Pope room.
    That is the room that we tried to book about a month ago, but someone already had it reserved. We ended up have to play musical chairs a lot so that we could all talk to one another. I am already planning on taking my Mum there next time she visits.

myrosiedog - My Dad gave me an Ipod this past summer. I was working a temp job and was the only girl there so I needed something to give me back my sanity every now and then. I have a 30 G video Ipod and almost have 6,000 songs on it now. I never take it with me when I sub as the kids would take it in about 30 seconds if they could but it has been a great thing to have a play rehearsals and long trips. I have everything from Vanilla Ice to Arabian music on mine.
    Last edited by JLuvs; 12-28-2006 at 04:26 PM.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by JLuvs;2188925;
    That is the room that we tried to book about a month ago, but someone already had it reserved. We ended up have to play musical chairs a lot so that we could all talk to one another. I am already planning on taking my Mum there next time she visits.

myrosiedog - My Dad gave me an Ipod this past summer. I was working a temp job and was the only girl there so I needed something to give me back my sanity every now and then. I have a 30 G video Ipod and almost have 6,000 songs on it now. I never take it with me when I sub as the kids would take it in about 30 seconds if they could but it has been a great thing to have a play rehearsals and long trips. I have everything from Vanilla Ice to Arabian music on mine.
    Mine only holds 1000. I know I will fill it up and I have such a mix that people would probably wonder if they put it on shuffle. I have just aboug every genre of music there is on it. Do the earbuds make your ears hurt? I am not cramming them in, but they still make my ears hurt after a while.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Someone mentioned the Walmart fabric department and I wanted to ask, has anyone heard that Walmart will stop selling fabrc? I was told that they will stop selling it on February 28 at our local stores. I don't use much fabric any more but I have a ton of it. I hate to see them stop selling it. We have Hancock's fabrics but it is quite a distance from me.

MyRosieDog and MamaC

Look what I just found! I couldn't believe it.

InstantMusic Vinyl & Cassette Ripper

Price:
    $49.99 - $59.99
    Availability: [ info ]
    Out of stock. ETA: That figures.
    Version for Windows (Est. 1-3 Weeks)
    Version for Mac (Est. 1-3 Weeks)
    This product is not available for purchase at this time.

Do you still have a working Betamax, a 3.5" floppy with Windows 3.0 and the original "Pet Rock"? Well then we would bet hard cash that you also have dozens of old records and tapes mouldering in a box in the basement. Liberate your old media into glorious digital technology with the InstantMusic Vinyl & Cassette Ripper. Simply hook up an old turntable or cassette deck to the InstantMusic and plug it in into an available USB port on your PC. The included software allows you to convert your music to MP3 files, or burn directly to CD. It even smartly detects the gaps between songs to divide that old Journey LP into individual MP3 files perfect for transfer to your newfangled iPod.
    Get it at thinkgeek.com

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2188974;
    Mine only holds 1000. I know I will fill it up and I have such a mix that people would probably wonder if they put it on shuffle. I have just aboug every genre of music there is on it. Do the earbuds make your ears hurt? I am not cramming them in, but they still make my ears hurt after a while.
    Yeah they really bug me...I am going to get some of the other headphones that attach eventually, but right now I am too cheap

I am so excited now as I just printed out my tickets for the concert tonight and my Josh Groban tickets at the library

Now I am going to leave...I know it is early, but the wind here is brutal today and my little car is going to take a long while to get there.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Quote Originally Posted by Harmoj;2188993;
    MyRosieDog and MamaC

Look what I just found! I couldn't believe it.

Get it at thinkgeek.com
    Thank you, Harmoj! That is definitely more in my price range! Now must get hubby to find the old turntable that he swears we have somewhere around here. I will bookmark your link and see when they have it in stock again! You can't imagine how excited I am at the possibility of getting these songs onto my iPod! Woohoo!

ETA: Better yet, I filled out that email notification for them to let me know when they have it back in stock!

MRD, I have about 3500 songs on my iPod, which sounds ridiculous! But some are duplicate songs made on different albums....some live, some studio, etc. I do confess that since I had sooo much room I uploaded some of my daughter's songs on there too! The look she gives me when I start belting out that shakira song......the one about hips....Priceless!

Walmart sells earbuds that have gel padding and they are more comfy on the ears. Less than $10, I think. The gel comes in different colors...pink, blue, maybe purple. She has the pink, naturally!

I have a dumb question--Suppose one has 1000 songs on one's Ipod, and wants to hear Puccini's Donna non vidi mai. How does one sort through so many songs to find the right one?
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Leo
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;2189077;
    I have a dumb question--Suppose one has 1000 songs on one's Ipod, and wants to hear Puccini's Donna non vidi mai. How does one sort through so many songs to find the right one?
    The songs on the iPod (excepting the shuffles) are browsable by both artist and album name. So long as the music files were properly done, that and the wheel work well.

+ Reply to Thread