+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7188Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

It is very common for people to let a foreclosure sit there for 10 years until it comes off the record. My husband did that to me; but deep within me I knew that he has never had any self control. His credit score was good; but there was a foreclosure just over ten years before that he had not told me about.

It is good to have "requirements" when dating. It is your life. Telling them the requirements is showing them respect.
    Ellen and Kip like this.
    You can do it!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    I haven't done that yet.

Thanks everyone.

For now I'll see where this email gets me.
    JK, check the language of your lease agreement - and I agree with others on local landlord/tenant law. At least here, if the obligation is on them and they are not complying, you can pay your rent into an escrow account until the repairs are completed and the landlord is in compliance with the lease and the law. With residential (vs. commercial) leases, there do tend to be laws out there to protect you. There are many good landlords out there, but unfortunately there are slumdogs too - and they are banking on the fact that you don't have the money to file a lawsuit and enforce his obligations. Depending on your local landlord tenant law, and the language of your lease, an escrow of the rent might be a way to "hit him where it hurts" and get him to start moving on some of these repairs?
    Ellen, AZChristian and Photobabe like this.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

We're redoing our home office, so I'm clearing out old stuff. Just came across my Notary Journal. My commission expired several years ago, and I haven't notarized anything since 2008. I was going to shred it, but decided to check online. Turns out, I'm supposed to surrender the journal AND the stamp. I have NO idea where the stamp is . . . I'm sure I disposed of it years ago.

I've decided to make a fun day of turning it in to the Secretary of State's office on Thursday. I'll take the light rail downtown, turn in the journal, and visit the state history museum.

I love being retired!
    Punkin, Lizard and Debb70 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    Turns out, I'm supposed to surrender the journal AND the stamp. I have NO idea where the stamp is . . . I've decided to make a fun day of turning it in to the Secretary of State's office on Thursday.
    Let us know if they make you notarize a statement that the stamp is permanently AWOL, LOL.
    AZChristian likes this.

I confirmed twice with the lady on the phone that they won't fine me $50 to $500 for not turning it in within 90 days.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    I confirmed twice with the lady on the phone that they won't fine me $50 to $500 for not turning it in within 90 days.
    The book that you have, or the stamp that you don't?

Either / both

If you read in the papers about a 67-year-old woman who is arrested in Phoenix for refusing to pay a fine . . . that'll be me.
    Punkin likes this.

You shoulda' just kept laying low. Now they know about you and your goose is cooked. I hope you don't already have two felonies. Three strikes, you know.

I'll miss you all.

I need to apologize to anybody who may have read my comment here last night before I asked for it to be deleted.
    I got some bad news from my surgeon and came on here and whined...again. Sorry.

I had been prescribed xanax a few months ago and have never taken one until last night. I try really hard to be strong fand positive for my family but I just lost it last night and came here to vent, then got embarrassed and tried to delete it.
    It just seems like all of the work I've done these past months was for nothing.

I try so, so hard to keep a positive outlook but sometimes I just can't. I feel like I can't let loose to my family because I don't want them to worry about me so I keep on smiling.
    I'm not looking for sympathy, I just wanted to explain last nights comment to anybody who was unfortunate enough to read it.
    Punkin likes this.
    ~You can't buy love. But you can rescue it~

+ Reply to Thread