+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5671Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I don't mind paying a change fee. I'd rather not lose the full amount and I'm not going just because I paid for the ticket if I'm not needed.
    NorwIndian - I'm thrilled for you! How nice that you found a way to get out and about! And how nice that you're helping the neighbor girl earn money for her iPad. Even better that you're showing her how rewarding it is to help someone else.
    Count your blessings!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I love that her father is making her work for half of her iPad! Way To Go, Dad!!!
    Did he get her the job, or did she come up with this idea on her own?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

She's a great kid, her mom is kind of a piece of you know what and comes in and out of her life when she feels like it and is full of promises she never keeps, so Samantha latched onto me when I moved up here 5 years ago. She's close with my daughter too. My 5 year old granddaughter thinks Samantha is THE coolest person to ever walk the planet so my daughter takes her out to spend weekends with her.
    What I'd really like to do is punch her "mom" in the mouth. Sammy is a happy kid but you can see the sadness in her eyes. I had to be the one to help her when she started her period because she couldn't get in touch with her mom. Seriously want to punch that #=?+#.

Proshay, it was her dads idea for her to pay half. She already did some things for me and I'd pay her but I kicked it up a notch now that she's saving for something. She got her cell phone the same way and the work she does for me helps her give her dad some money towards her bill.

Its a situation that works well for all of us, but I would much rather that Samantha didn't have time for me because she was with her mom but that won't happen.

Really, all I want is just one good punch to her moms face. That's not too much to ask. Is it?
    Punkin and Kip like this.
    The more I know people, the more I love my dog. ~ Mark Twain

This lovely child is learning some valuable life lessons. It's wonderful that she has such positive female role models in her life. How lovely of you and your daughter and granddaughter to reach out.
    Kip, Cootie, Miss Scarlet and 1 others like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Thank you so much. That really means a lot to me.
    I can't tell you how many times Samantha has been here so excited because her mom was coming to visit/take her shopping or take her for the weekend and the B never shows up. It makes me so mad.

My daughter and I don't want her to grow up being distrustful of people so we try to step in and show her that some people do keep their promises. My daughter is very girly so she covers that part and I do whatever I can for her.

She's actually a really big help to me. I always paid her for little jobs even before my accident. She's so helpful with all of the little things I need. I don't know what I would do without her.
    There's a small fence between our properties, so I got an old pool ladder with a slide and she climbs the ladder and slides down into my yard.

I've taught her how to cook basic things, which her dad is grateful for. Lol. She'll even come and stay the night with me sometimes. I still have my bed in the living room so she pulls out the sofa bed and we have a sleepover.

She's such a good kid. I will never in my life understand how her "mother" can treat her this way. Did I mention that I would love to punch her? She's so lucky to have the dad that she has. I just hope that between my daughter and I, we are helping to fill that void a little.

Can I just take a second to say how much I appreciate you guys. You've given me some great advice, laughs and have made me think about things I normally wouldn't think about.
    You've helped me with my boredom and loneliness. I know that if I'm feeling lonely, I can come here and write one of my waaaaaay too long comments. Even if nobody reads them, I always feel better after I write them.

You've shown me more compassion than some people in my real life have. I know that I come on here and whine and complain way too much and I appreciate none of you telling me to shut the heck up.

I hope everybody has a safe, warm Sunday.
    Punkin, Ellen, Kip and 6 others like this.

Awww, NorwIndian. We all come here to get it out of our systems sometimes, knowing we'll find support and encouragement.
    I LOVE the pool slide over the fence idea. That really tickles me.
    AZChristian and NorwIndian like this.
    Count your blessings!

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Quote Originally Posted by NorwIndian View Post
    Can I just take a second to say how much I appreciate you guys. You've given me some great advice, laughs and have made me think about things I normally wouldn't think about.
    You've helped me with my boredom and loneliness. I know that if I'm feeling lonely, I can come here and write one of my waaaaaay too long comments. Even if nobody reads them, I always feel better after I write them.

You've shown me more compassion than some people in my real life have. I know that I come on here and whine and complain way too much and I appreciate none of you telling me to shut the heck up.

I hope everybody has a safe, warm Sunday.
    Same to you <3

I have a select few as my favorite FORTers on here. Some I most definitely like over others. You're one of my favorites on here.
    PGM35 and NorwIndian like this.

When I got first divorced and had to experience our son's dad picking him up to spend time with him, my ex- had 1 time to pull that promising and not showing up with no call crap.....the pain on our son's face was heartbreaking, and I was out for blood! I was the one who had to deal with looking at his pain, and that was totally unfair; my ex-was always about himself, so that was no real surprise to me, but I didn't really want to believe that he'd be that way with our son. The next time I talked to that asshat, I definitely gave him an earful and told him to never pull that crap again and to NEVER make any plans with our son again unless he was in his car and on his way. He was very quiet before he agreed to what I had said. We never went down that ugly road again.

I remember my dad doing the exact same thing to me and how it made me feel, and I wasn't feeling at all tolerant where MY son was concerned. You can mess with ME, but you don't mess with MINE. I go into automatic intellectual crazy mode and I will try to destroy you.
    Kip, PGM35, nennie and 3 others like this.

50 years and counting! AZChristian's Avatar

Having been raised by a woman who I refer to as the "birth vessel" rather than a mother, I know how much you mean to Samantha. God brought some wonderful women into my life as a child and young adult who helped me to develop into a better woman. Please allow me to say "thank you" on behalf of Samantha.

On another note . . .

Hubby has to go to SoCal on business in a couple of weeks. Even though we were just there on vacay a couple of weeks ago, I'm going to ride along with him and enjoy a couple of days of "free" vacation. I decided to splurge and go back to Disneyland, and this time take the "behind the scenes" tour. "Oh, we're sorry, Ma'am. We only offer that tour on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday." Those are the three days of the week I would NEVER go to Disneyland, as I'm not fond of crowds.

Oh well . . . there are plenty of places to walk in California. And that's free!
    prhoshay, Ellen, Kip and 2 others like this.

+ Reply to Thread