+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6547Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by nennie View Post
    I used to wear mine all the time but as I have gotten older it isn't important to me. Guess my daughter will have a nice little jewelry nest egg. Sad to say it isn't her style. Knowing her she will sell it.
    Not necessarily. I had some jewelry from my grandma. It wasn't my style but I loved her so much I wasn't about to get rid of it. I had most of the gems changed into things I could/would wear. Same with stuff my mom has given me. It might not be the exact same, but my guess is she won't get rid of it completely - the memory means too much!
    prhoshay, Kip and coltnlasma like this.

She might keep some of it. Maybe by the time I am gone she will like it more. Shay she is an only child so she gets everything. I have things I will designate to others but the rest is hers.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

I love jewelry. I have some vintage pieces from my great aunt. We had the same birth stone, but some of the pieces are other stones and the settings are just precious. I get jewelry at yard sales and inherited some from another aunt who traveled the world. When I taught World Languages and Cultures, I wore a necklace from a different culture every day and the kids knew to ask me about my jewelry so we could "waste" 5 or 10 minutes of class time talking about it.
    On another topic... my mom didn't pass the EKG portion of her pretesting for her knee replacement so it has been postponed or canceled depending on the result of a stress test she's waiting on insurance to approve. My daughter is having her (year later) wedding "reception" at my mom's house in April. Does anyone know if I can switch the plane tickets to that weekend instead? If so, how? Do I call the airline directly?
    Count your blessings!

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Switching tickets depends on the airline. With Southwest, it's easy. Other airlines, not always so easy or possible. Definitely call the airline and explain that your mother's surgery was postponed.

Thanks AZ.
    AZChristian likes this.
    Count your blessings!

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

I think changing the date on plane tickets might incur a small fee, gutmutter. I think you could call the airline directly. Did you purchase them online? If so, check the airline's website and see if it's possible to do the switch online.

I got them through Expedia online.
    Count your blessings!

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

I don't have any experience with Expedia . . . check the fine print.

I had an idea today, I did it, it ended up working beautifully and made me wonder why I haven't done it before! I wanted to go outside after it rained. There's a kid on the next property, she's 13 and her dad told her if she could pay half, she could get an iPad so she's been doing a lot of little jobs for me.
    She was over today playing with Kaylee (I pay her for that. She's a great kid). I had her push me down the hill to the main road. Our main road being a little 2 lane road that leads to the real main road. Everybody walks their dogs down the middle of the road and everybody watches out for everybody.
    Anyway, she took me to the main road and i tied Kaylee's leash to the arm of my chair. After a few trial runs I had Samantha to go home and told her I'd call when I was done.

Kaylee and I walked for almost 2 hours. It was so much fun. I don't know why I never thought of it before. Kaylee loved it. She kept looking back like she couldn't believe I was walking with her. She pulled me a little bit but after some correcting and the treats in my pocket, she got the hang of it really fast.

I'm going out again tomorrow when Samantha gets out of school.
    Last edited by NorwIndian; 02-07-2014 at 06:07 PM.
    Punkin, Kip, shyra and 4 others like this.
    ~You can't buy love. But you can rescue it~

A few years back I had to change the return date on a plane ticket. It had to do with an injury my mother had while we were on vacation together. I was leaving the morning after we got home to her house. She came home extremely weak & wheel chair bound. I didn't want to leave her alone right away.

I called the airline the afternoon or evening before I was scheduled to leave & explained the situation. They had to look for a flight that still had room on it & had the right connections with room also. They found me one going out 1 week later. The fee was $50.00 to change. This was 10 years ago, so it may be more expensive now.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

+ Reply to Thread