+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5920Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I dont know how many here were around 50 years ago when the Beatles arrived at JFK airport and began a tsunami wave that changed music forever! I knew they were coming, but lived way too far from New York to be there, but I sure wished I was! I found a link that covers those days in fabulous detail for those who are interested.
    The Beatles Invasion: 50 Years Later
    Punkin, Ellen and AZChristian like this.

They came to SF and played at Candlestick Park on that first trip to the US. Of course, I was all gaga about them at the time. But now, not so much. I definately prefer the "Stones" and have seen them in concert about 6 times that they've been here. Most recently in the (sorta') new AT&T Park.
    cablejockey and Debb70 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I've seen some women draped like overdone Christmas trees, and wondered....Why?? It does need to be tastefully done. I am the woman who wants to come to your house and play in your jewelry box! That has always been me.....nennie, do you hear me???

I am also the person who will write to a news anchor and, gently, tell her that she is doing her jewelry all wrong! I did that with one anchor/reporter and she thanked me, took my advice, and has not seemed to look back. Had to pat myself on the back for that one! She was my Eliza Doolittle!
    I hear you shay. It is really sad that I don't wear my jewelery. I have some really nice pieces. I can't stand it too tight or twirling around my fingers. One reason I took the rings off is when I played the piano at church they would just twirl and drive me nuts so I took them off. I have some nice necklaces too and don't wear them. My mom gave me a 4 leaf clover that is solid gold with a nice diamond in it that my brother bought for her when he was in the service 40+ years ago. The gold alone is worth money but would never get rid of it. It was a pin but I had a shank put on it and bought a good chain and made a necklace out of it. I did sell some of my older rings a few years ago and it bought Christmas. You can only wear so much jewelry. If I had a piece I would wear all the time it would be a 3 carat solitaire. Don't see that happening anytime soon. Maybe my next husband will be rich and get me one. Oooooops said I would never marry again so that won't happen.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I have a BFF who has a lot of gold and she never wears hers, either. I could just shake her gizzard out! She's also not the kind of person who really cares about jewelry, but she just wants everything she sees somebody else with. She really reminds me of a little kid....a "me too" kind of kid. I can't tell you how many times I have been playing in her jewelry box. She should be glad that I don't have a larcenous streak in my soul! She would never notice it was even gone.

Interestingly enough, she always notices what I am wearing, though....and I like to keep the majority of mine at high-end costume level.
    If I LOVE it, I'll wear it!
    Last edited by prhoshay; 02-07-2014 at 11:04 AM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I used to wear mine all the time but as I have gotten older it isn't important to me. Guess my daughter will have a nice little jewelry nest egg. Sad to say it isn't her style. Knowing her she will sell it.

Quote Originally Posted by nennie View Post
    I used to wear mine all the time but as I have gotten older it isn't important to me. Guess my daughter will have a nice little jewelry nest egg. Sad to say it isn't her style. Knowing her she will sell it.
    You could end up with a granddaughter with a style more similar to your own!

I love the Stones too, but I think I treasure memories of the Beatles so much because my dad took me to see Hard Days Night when I was a preschooler as my FIRST movie ever. I cherish that memory! Just me and my daddy, whom I thought hung the moon. lol I didn't really understand the movie, but I still knew it was the Beatles and I knew they were big!
    cablejockey likes this.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I don't wear jewelry too often because I find it distracting when I wear it and I worry about losing it or having it get stolen. However, I'd like to get a ring or bracelet in my birthstone sometime.

If you know what kind of jewelry/stone she would like, you could pick something out. Otherwise, I'd either get her something in her birthstone or see if you can get her a gift certificate for a local store so she can pick something out. Or perhaps tell her you want to buy her a piece of jewelry and go with her while she picks it out and then you can pay for it.
    Current Pools: Face Off 7, Masterchef 5, So You Think You Can Dance 11
    Upcoming Pools: Project Runway 13 Registration Deadline: July 31st

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post
    You could end up with a granddaughter with a style more similar to your own!
    closet I will never have granddaughters unless they are adopted. My daughter can't have any more children and she has all boys. Maybe one would want my wedding ring for his wife.
    ClosetRTWatcher likes this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Just make sure your daughter doesn't want it. She should have first call on your wedding ring. I had my wedding ring cut down and made into a pinkie ring.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread