+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4498Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

NorwIndian, you have a pretty good budget and your daughter is a similar age to my kids. I'm with you, I think a necklace might be the way to go? Is your daughter very traditional or a little more artsy (like mine)? My daughter and son's girlfriend both love handcrafted, artisan jewelry much more than regular jewelry store items, not that they can afford either right now. My daughter has designers on Etsy that she would love to make her wedding rings someday. There are stores in Portland that feature beautiful handcrafted items like pendants, earrings or bracelets that I know they like. You may have stores in your area that feature such things, too. I just googled "jewelry and Portland" and came up with a number of stores that are quite popular for that age group. There is a store there that also has an online store and is part of a chain, too. It is called Twist and I think the jewelry there is quite beautiful without being too old looking. And it fairly unique. I just checked it out and found some necklaces that were beautiful. My favorite was out of your budget at about $4,000! But there are many items under $1,000. I hope this helps you on your quest.

It does help, thank you. That is my absolute max budget. And it's only that because in my family, that's a big birthday andI want to get her something she'll have forever and then pass down.

I'm still leaning heavily towards a necklace. She loves the one I got from my mom and she'll get that one day too.

As to her style, she doesn't like having something that everybody else will have. She's always loved stars. She has some costume star pieces that she really loves.
    Thank you!
    The more I know people, the more I love my dog. ~ Mark Twain

FORT Koffee Klatch

I agree about no bangles or charm bracelets. I work in an office and they get in the way. A necklace is a great idea. A friend of mine does hand blown beads and you could pick out your favorites with a few spacers and cater it to her likes. Since it's hand blown, it'll be in unique. She does custom pieces and is so good at it. I can pm you her website.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    NorwIndian likes this.

Definitely get the ring if her friend can get the picture!!!! She'll be so happy and surprised!
    Debb70 likes this.
    Count your blessings!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Costume jewelry is not, necessarily something to be sneezed at. It can run the gamut in cost and can be fabulous!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Is it just my imagination, or are a lot of girls (women) with big foreheads wearing hairstyles with a big center part?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Costume jewelry is not, necessarily something to be sneezed at. It can run the gamut in cost and can be fabulous!
    I agree, and I don't cry if I lose it
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I might....but that's just me! If I bought it/picked it out, I probably love it, even if it is a "stepchild"

I am "over the rainbow" about jewelry.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I might....but that's just me! If I bought it/picked it out, I probably love it, even if it is a "stepchild"

I am "over the rainbow" about jewelry.
    I don't mind jewellery( I can take it or leave it) I find some pieces so ostentatious, and women that wear it all at the same time, is akin to way too much perfume.
    Lil Bit likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I've seen some women draped like overdone Christmas trees, and wondered....Why?? It does need to be tastefully done. I am the woman who wants to come to your house and play in your jewelry box! That has always been me.....nennie, do you hear me???

I am also the person who will write to a news anchor and, gently, tell her that she is doing her jewelry all wrong! I did that with one anchor/reporter and she thanked me, took my advice, and has not seemed to look back. Had to pat myself on the back for that one! She was my Eliza Doolittle!
    Lizard and AZChristian like this.

+ Reply to Thread