+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6246Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I hate to say it, but as a jewelry designer, those Pandora bracelets just make me cringe. That being said, they are quite pricey. Make sure it's something she'd like before you pay the money. My cousin's husband bought her one and she absolutely hates it. It's completely not her style. Plus, she's a very active person and is always having to take it off because it's so heavy and jangly. She can't say anything because he's SO proud and thinks he picked a great gift and keeps buying her new beads for it. She doesn't want to hurt his feelings. It's sad because he spent a lot of money on it.

I agree with prhoshay - always nice to pick out your own. Costume jewelry is one thing, but with fine jewelry, I'd want to make the choice for myself. If it's something she's going to have for a long time, I'd want to be sure that it's exactly what she wants.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

And if you decide on something like a charm bracelet...make sure she has no objection to noisy jewelry! I cannot abide by noisy jewelry! I'd give it to the first little girl that walked by. Nobody needs to have their feelings hurt.

I also don't wear a lot of bracelets because I have very small wrists and I need to pick them out myself.
    Last edited by prhoshay; 02-04-2014 at 08:14 PM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I don't either, 'shay. I grew up in SoCal and those anklets with bells were really popular in the beach community where I lived. They drove me CRAZY. If I happen to be near a woman wearing a bunch of bangles, I can barely stand it. I think it's about being considerate to others, just like not wearing too much perfume.

I remember when those Italian charm bracelets were popular about 10 or so years ago. I didn't like those either and practically everyone I knew had one.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

What's an Italian charm bracelet?

My godmother gave me a beautiful charm bracelet when I was 16 and added to it for the first few years. I rarely wore it b/c it often snagged on my clothing. During my 30+ years of marriage, my husband has bought me very nice jewelry, most of which we picked out together. Having an end of December birthday, we'd usually get some good deals the week after Christmas on beautiful fine jewelry. I've got enough to last my lifetime but I have to admit I think the Pandora bracelets are fun. I also like them b/c they look good with casual outfits, when you don't want to wear any fancy jewelry. I bought the flexible one around Mother's Day and have added to it. However, once I started losing weight the bracelet got too large so I went out and bought the bangle. I like them b/c I don't think they are too expensive ( < $100) and you can choose charms that fit your personality and appeal to you. I like cruising, travel, and am a former teacher, so I've got a cute ship, suitcase, owl,and apple as some of my charms.

Diamond studs were going to be my first suggestion but since you said she already has those, my next suggestion would be a simple diamond tennis bracelet. That is something you can wear everyday and dress up or down.
    Ellen likes this.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

Personally I don't wear jewelry very often. Can't stand bracelets. They drive me nuts and don't hardly every wear a necklace. Sad to say I have tons of very good jewelry and it sits not being worn. I have a small gold band that I wear on my middle finger left hand and I am happy as if I had good sense with that.

I like the Pandora jewelry and think it is very nice. Just not for me. If I wore jewelry it is something I would buy.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    What's an Italian charm bracelet?
    https://www.google.com/search?q=ital...ih=668&dpr=0.9

You guys are making me think its not a good idea to pick out something myself.
    I talked with her best friend and she said that my daughter has a picture on her phone of a ring that she really wants. Its from the jewelry store where they got their wedding set. If I can't get her phone to get the picture, I may go to the jewelry store to see if the owner knows which one she wants.

If not, I may just get a gift card and put that in the jewelry box. I have my heart set on getting an actual piece though.

Thank you all so, so much for all of the ideas and suggestions. You guys are the best!

As our little "together" present, my husband and I got her one of those jewelry armoires that is a full length mirror and the storage is behind the mirror. Its so cute! I wish I was a jewelry person so I could have one too. She has a lot of costume jewelry and I gave her most of my moms stuff after she died. My mom had boxes and boxes of jewelry. That must be where my daughter got her love of jewelry, because she didn't get it from me. The only jewelry I wear on a regular basis is the butterfly bracelet that's tattooed on my wrist. My favorite piece is the necklace I got from my mom on my 30th.
    She's having a "jewel" themed surprise party. Her best friend and I are throwing it for her. My family has always gone all out for the women's 30th birthdays.
    We probably make a bigger deal out of it than is the norm but, my family has never been accused of being normal. After the 30th birthday we don't really do big celebrations.
    Thanks again everybody!!
    Last edited by NorwIndian; 02-04-2014 at 10:44 PM.
    ~You can't buy love. But you can rescue it~

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Maybe best friend can be of help getting you that picture on daughter's phone.
    AZChristian likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I already asked her, she's on it. She said my daughter showed it to her about a month ago.

Sorry for all of these long comments. My guy had to leave early, he left yesterday instead of today like he had planned. I had gotten used to having somebody here to talk to. I'm bored. One of these #?+=!+? days I'll be able to go outside, hop in my cute little truck and go somewhere!
    I can't wait for that day.
    Have a good night everybody. I haven't been sleeping well so I'll probably be back to ramble on later.
    ~You can't buy love. But you can rescue it~

+ Reply to Thread