+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5654Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I need some advice.
    My daughter turns 30 at the end of March. I would love to get her a nice piece of jewelry for her birthday. I'm not a jewelry person at all so I have no clue what to get her. She's like me in that she's most comfortable in jeans and a pair of boots, but she loves jewelry.

I don't know if a ring, necklace or what would be a better choice. I don't even know the difference between an enhancer and a pendant.
    I had thought about maybe having a Mother's ring made for her but that seems more like something a husband would give. I have no clue what to get her.

For a little background on her, she's a pretty blonde, she runs the office at her husbands luxury shower door business and she's a total sweetheart. She's not super "fancy", has never been a party girl and prefers to be home with her family.
    She does like jewelry and I want to get her something nice that she can have forever.

Do you guys have any suggestions? If you were turning 30 what would you want?

Thanks in advance for any ideas.
    Last edited by NorwIndian; 02-04-2014 at 05:43 PM.
    The more I know people, the more I love my dog. ~ Mark Twain

50 years and counting! AZChristian's Avatar

Maybe you could give her a certificate for a piece of jewelry that she can pick out on a special day when the two of you go shopping together for it.

:-)
    NorwIndian likes this.

My granddaughter and I have made her a little mosaic jewelry box and I was kind of hoping to put her gift inside the box.
    I may have to take your suggestion if I can't think of anything though.
    Thanks!
    AZChristian likes this.

Maybe something like this. I know Pandora is popular.
    Pandora Jewelry - Pandora Store
    NorwIndian likes this.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

They have some nice things. Thanks nennie!

Your Welcome.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Speaking as a person who adores jewelry, I prefer to pick out my own, but I'd be all tickled to pick out a gift with my mother, if I could. There's got to be a way to sneak it into the mosaic jewelry box while she's not looking! This is definitely doable, with a little planning!

You might even be able to slip the box to the sales clerk/manager and have them place the piece in the box without her seeing it, and she will be even more tickled!
    Last edited by prhoshay; 02-04-2014 at 06:13 PM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by NorwIndian View Post
    I need some advice.
    My daughter turns 30 at the end of March. I would love to get her a nice piece of jewelry for her birthday. I'm not a jewelry person at all so I have no clue what to get her. She's like me in that she's most comfortable in jeans and a pair of boots, but she loves jewelry.

I don't know if a ring, necklace or what would be a better choice. I don't even know the difference between an enhancer and a pendant.
    I had thought about maybe having a Mother's ring made for her but that seems more like something a husband would give. I have no clue what to get her.

For a little background on her, she's a pretty blonde, she runs the office at her husbands luxury shower door business and she's a total sweetheart. She's not super "fancy", has never been a party girl and prefers to be home with her family.
    She does like jewelry and I want to get her something nice that she can have forever.

Do you guys have any suggestions? If you were turning 30 what would you want?

Thanks in advance for any ideas.
    Depends on how much you want to spend? For example, I don't wear a lot of jewelry and I am not a frilly person. What I really want some day are just simple diamond studs. I can wear them to work or on the weekend and they work great with both.

One year for Christmas, I got my mom and me matching mother/daughter rings. It is a simple band (mine was silver, hers was gold). It had Indian symbols on it of family, protection and femininity. My mom and I both still wear them - on the middle finger, since I have heard that is actually the one that goes to the heart!

My budget is around a thousand ish. Its her 30th so I want to get her something special. We made a decent profit when we sold our place and decided to rent from now on and you can't take it with you!
    We're by no means wealthy, not at all! But we're ok.

Her husband got her diamond studs for Christmas a couple of years ago. I'm kind of leaning towards a necklace but am open to anything.
    I love that ring story Kates mom! I think I'll have to steal that idea some day. She and I already have matching butterfly tattoos. Lol.

Thank all of you for the suggestions. I knew I could count on you guys!

What about a charm bracelet? A good jeweler would have a selection of charms to choose from. You could pick ones that would be meaningful to her and have the jeweler put them on. I think a clever charm bracelet goes well with jeans and a casual shirt.
    Ellen likes this.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread