+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6194Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Ok all you craft FORTers! I need some help! I got a sewing machine for christmas, and I want to start making plushies/stuffed animals, and I want to know if anybody knows any resources online where I can get free patterns?
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JLuvs;2187434;
    I have been to the Las Vegas Rainforest Cafe and the one at Ontario Mills. The food is delicious. I can't wait to take my nephews there when they are older and not as scared of noises.

Speaking of restaurants:

http://www.bucadibeppo.com/

I went here for the first time on Saturday night. The food is simply divine. If you go as a group or couple just remember the portions are huge. A large option of dish can be split between four people easily. I would highly recommend this restaurant if there is one near you.
    I love Buca. Unfortunately, the one here in Omaha closed so there isn't one anywhere near me anymore. I always got a kick out of the Pope room.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperBrat;2188379;
    Ok all you craft FORTers! I need some help! I got a sewing machine for christmas, and I want to start making plushies/stuffed animals, and I want to know if anybody knows any resources online where I can get free patterns?
    The only patterns I have ever found online for free (and not for plushies) have been very poor quality. The material you're going to need to make stuffed animals is going to be a little bit more expensive than regular material, so I'd splurge the $1 or so to buy a reputable pattern. Sorry

[QUOTE=bbnbama;2188222;]MamaC...I've seen those and I didn't know they recorded records onto CD's!!!! Linens and Things and Best Buy have been the only 2 places I have seen them at and they usually run around $100...if you can catch one at Linens and Things and then use one of their coupons they run all the time, that might save you some money.

BBNBama....The ones that cost about $100 do not record albums onto CDs....that model just plays CDs, tapes, records, and am/fm radio. This is the more expensive model that records records onto CDs. Linens 'N Things had it in their Black Friday circular for $399.99. Yikes! I did show it to hubby though and he swears we still have at least one turntable that works around here. That still doesn't get the music off the albums and onto a CD so I can then get them onto my iPod.

Here is what the more expensive model does....
    Cassette - Radio / CD Recorder with Remote Control CR248....Are your albums sitting idly in a dark, dusty corner somewhere? Can’t bare to live without them, yet can’t seem to find the time to fire up the record player these days? What are your options you ask? Well, have we got a solution for you - The Crosley Songwriter CD Burner. You can now simply take your old vinyls and convert them to CD in minutes with just a few simple steps. The Songwriter CD Burner allows those old vinyls to be recorded in a digital audio format for high quality sound on a smaller, more modern compact disc. The Songwriter also allows you to record from cassette to CD. However, if you still want to enjoy your albums old style, then Crosley’s Songwriter offers a 3 speed turntable for your listening enjoyment. Preserve your entire music collection with the Songwriter.

There is another thing out there that is basically a turntable that one hooks up to a computer and it will upload the music onto the computer. I found it in the Seventh Avenue Catalog. Digital Turntable by Ion....Sure, you can connect it to your stereo to play your records—but what's really cool about this digital turntable is that you can connect it to your computer to play and record your vinyl collection and convert them to MP3s or CDs in one easy step! The included software pulls songs from your 33- and 45-rpm records and improves the sound quality by reducing noise. Includes USB cable for computer connection. Also connects to any stereo with CD or AUX input (no phono input required) to play your records (cable not included). 14 1/2" l x 17 1/2" w x 5 1/2" h. Compatible with Windows 98, 2000, XP and Mac OS 9 or greater. It's $249.00.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

And I think that one can basically set their own turntable up to the computer (how I don't know!) and use some program to upload the songs onto the computer. I did a google several months ago and found some program that would do that.

myrosiedog I was going to say that I, too, had an 8-track player and many 8 tracks.....but that would have really shown my age!
    I wonder what I did with all of them???

And my kids' friends all think I am cool, which drives my kids nuts. I've taken them all to their first concerts....and still go to some of them. Hubby too!

Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone;2188385;
    I love Buca. Unfortunately, the one here in Omaha closed so there isn't one anywhere near me anymore. I always got a kick out of the Pope room.
    That's funny, Marley, because we went out to eat at Buca tonight! Man, I ate way too much . . . the bruschetta is my weakness.

Incidentally, though we didn't eat in the room, my mom went into the Pope room and spun his head around.

I don't know about the patterns, but I think you can find tutorials at in the forum at www.craftster.org

I have so far only been in the clothing section of that site and there lots of people put up their work and tutorials. I hope you'll find something there to help you!

MRD
    WAlmart has good prices on both patterns and material.

Also do you have a Joann's Fabrics? They have a mailing list and if you sign up for it, they will send out flyers advertising sales where patterns are 99 cents and they also have a 40% off coupon that is good for one item, including material. But only if you get 1 kind of material and have it cut. It's not good for multiple pieces of fabric.
    They are also online and have online coupons and sales too.

MamaC I LOVE going to concerts and it's killing me that right now we can't afford Billy Joel tickets and that I missed Leon Russel last week for the same reason. I've taken my daughter to see The Rolling Stones for her first concert and then Aerosmith.
    Nothing much comes here, so we have to go to Atlanta or Charlotte and I have not ventured to either yet. So I was surprised to see Billy Joel coming here.
    I love music so much. Live, famous, non famous, doesn't matter. If the musics good, I like it! And having the ipod has been fabulous. It's in my ears right now!
    Last edited by MRD; 12-28-2006 at 07:46 AM.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Just finished making a 7-layer salad, and had red onion on my hands, big time. A friend had told me, quite a while ago, about a way to get rid of the onion smell, and I thought I'd try it. She told me to run the blade of a butcher knife under cold water, and move my hands along the blade, and the smell would be gone. That always has sounded ridiculous to me, but I did it. It Worked!!! I'm still not believing it! Has anyone else heard of this before? Usually, I cut up the onion first, and other veggies behind that, which can cancel the onion smell. This time I cut up the onion last, so it was pretty strong. Whoa......
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2188686;
    Just finished making a 7-layer salad, and had red onion on my hands, big time. A friend had told me, quite a while ago, about a way to get rid of the onion smell, and I thought I'd try it. She told me to run the blade of a butcher knife under cold water, and move my hands along the blade, and the smell would be gone. That always has sounded ridiculous to me, but I did it. It Worked!!! I'm still not believing it! Has anyone else heard of this before?
    I'd never heard of that. I used to have onion hands all the time. But then I saw a Softsoap flavor called "Kitchen Fresh Hands" and tried it and it cures all my garlic and onion scented maladies. If I run out, I'll have to try the butcher knife method.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2188686;
    sounded ridiculous to me, but I did it. It Worked!!! I'm still not believing it! Has anyone else heard of this before? Usually, I cut up the onion first, and other veggies behind that, which can cancel the onion smell. This time I cut up the onion last, so it was pretty strong. Whoa......
    prhoshay, I have heard of it, maybe on Martha's show, but really didn't believe it......Wow that's good to know!
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

+ Reply to Thread