+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5783Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    If Winter & snow are completely over by May, it's pretty good for here. Usually gardens have to be covered at night 'till at least the middle of June. We're expecting lows in the -20's this week, with highs in the single digits. We got a bunch of snow dumped on us at the end of the week & then it turned too cold to even shovel. Today it's actually a degree or two above freezing, so I'm about to go out & try to do a bit before the Superbowl starts.

Dumb groundhog! Doesn't he know what it's like in the Northwest?
    Same here- are you my neighbour? Actually May is usually pretty nice here, its April that can be a strange month.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I love 70s and sunny with rain as a nice brief change of pace.
    (Good thing I decided to move when and where I did...)
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

My husband just got back from 2 weeks in California and he thought that many areas looked more like Baja than the usual lush winter California-scape. He said it was pretty shocking how dry it was. We are not doing too well in Oregon, either, as far as rain & snowpack go. It's good to read that there is rain in California today.

NorwIndian, good news on the Eagles concert! I've never seen them in concert, but loved their music back in the 1970's...I still have my albums!

Cootie, usually at this time of year, the hill I live on is so green and pretty, but right now its so brown and dry. It looks so terrible. I love the rain. I take all of my (many, many many) house plants out and put them on the porch when it rains.
    I'm wondering how this weather will effect my bulbs.

I've read in my local paper about people who are following the rules about conserving water but are being fined by their homeowners associations for having dead lawns. Reading things like that just confirm the belief that I could never live someplace that has a homeowners association. If I own a home, I would have a hard time with somebody telling me what kinds of flowers I can plant etc.
    Im so happy that I live on a big property on a private road. We have one way in and one way out. No traffic except for the deer and turkeys.
    shyra and Cootie like this.
    The more I know people, the more I love my dog. ~ Mark Twain

I've got some of my early daffodils blooming already and you live in the same climate zone, Nor, so yours should be good. Loving the rain today too. And the cold (40's) temps. Got a fire in the fireplace and finally feeling winter!
    Cootie and NorwIndian like this.

I have a few things poking through the ground. I have a big section outside my kitchen window with Day Lilies, Gladiolus and just a random selection of bulbs that we planted. I've pretty much covered every available inch up here with flowers and ground cover.
    I'll have to take some pictures when everything is at its peak. And then I have to figure out how to post the pictures.

The hubby and I drove 45 minutes away tonight just to get Arbys. I have had such a major craving for it and the one here in my town closed a while back.
    He's determined to get me out of the house every day when he's at home. He knows I've been down about this new surgery (even though I'm trying SOOO hard not to be), that I'm even going to drop my classes. No point in going if I can't finish. He's such a great guy. I'm so lucky to have him. He tries so hard to make sure that I'm happy.

He leaves for Arizona, Texas and Utah on Tuesday night. It sucks when he leaves. I'd be so lonely if I didn't have my pets.
    Punkin, Kip and shyra like this.
    The more I know people, the more I love my dog. ~ Mark Twain

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I am liking your husband!

We are on our 6th school calendar snow day. If it's Monday, it must be a snow day!
    NorwIndian likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Speaking of snow days, we are predicted another 6-10 inches snow starting tomorrow night through Wednesday afternoon.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

We are having a snow day today at school and looking from the rest of the week weather we may have more. Sick of winter.

My hubby would tell me to find somewhere else to eat besides Arby's that was closer. Now if it was his favorite mexican place he would be all for it. Hubs doesn't even like Arby's food. He must have a loose screw. I love Arby's.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002 View Post
    Speaking of snow days, we are predicted another 6-10 inches snow starting tomorrow night through Wednesday afternoon.
    Yes, that's a . We don't have much snow in the forecast, just cooler temps. We drove by our old house, and I forgot just how much shovelling we did( shudder) but it was good exercise
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread