+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6151Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

NorwIndian, it is good to see you back! I am so sorry to read about your impending surgery. I can see that you are making the best of it with your upbeat attitude. It looks like you and Gutmutter's mom will be recovering at the same time? Hopefully you will feel better than ever once you heal from that surgery. The cake decorating and knife classes must be great distractions from those things that are limiting you. My mom used to take cake decorating classes and we loved it when she would bring her cakes home. She had a great time with it. She taught me a few things and I enjoyed doing it. I hope that you will be able to do the creative writing class soon.
    NorwIndian likes this.

NorwIndian!!!!
    I'm so glad you're back! Look on the bright side! They wouldn't recommend a hip replacement if they didn't think it would help you WALK and it wasn't that long ago they were saying you'd never be able to walk again, so that's great news! I know it's disappointing to you, but if it will make walking easier then I'm all for it. Think long term. I'm glad you got out on the road, even with some limitations. I also think it's GREAT that you're taking the bull by the horns and signing up for classes. That's a great way to meet people and learn new things. I've been looking at retirement all wrong. I've been obsessing about how I might earn extra money, when I should be thinking about opportunities like time for classes. I love taking classes on almost anything. You're my hero! I hope you reschedule the creative writing one when you're able to.
    Punkin, Ellen, PGM35 and 4 others like this.
    Count your blessings!

Being connected to people, that is golden and great, through classes or wherever.
    Cootie likes this.
    You can do it!

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

NorwIndian . . . you remind me of a very true phrase I once heard, "If you think you can, or you think you can't . . . you're right."

Your attitude is, "I CAN!"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I've just learned all kinds of fun and useful things this weekend....well, to me, anyway. I've learned how to pull a "friend request" back in after it has been sent by accident, and I've learned how to forward a text message to another party! That just tickles me!!!
    PGM35 likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

NorwIndian,
    Your attitude is inspiring. I do hope your upcoming surgery goes well and your recovery is speedy. I'm glad you had a great trip.

Happy Groundhog Day, everyone!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Unfortunately, the little furball predicted 6 more weeks of winter. Damn.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

This Chris Christie stuff is FUN!!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    This Chris Christie stuff is FUN!!!!
    I went to church this morning and forgot to set my DVR for the political shows. I'll have to catch up.

+ Reply to Thread