+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4488Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I just got last month's two days ago, and it was a doozie. $250 electricity bill, the month before that was $120. My summer bills through August are usually in the $60s though. Mother's was $330 last month; and she usually has lower bills than me (she is in a new home).

Parents power went out so they are here with me today.

We never see snow. So we are out with the cameras. Kids are sliding all around.....And then the coldness makes us disappear back from where we came.
    ClosetRTWatcher likes this.
    You can do it!

And I complain because our gas/electric bill went up to $70–$75 (mostly gas for the water heater) from the usual $55–$65.
    Our apartment doesn't have A/C nor a real heater -- just fans and small in-the-wall space heaters.
    Rent, however, is expensive as compared to where I used to live in Milwaukee, but kind of average for San Diego.
    I guess it all evens out.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I don't even want to think about our electric bill. I just try to remain grateful that I have the ability to pay for it!! We are right in the middle of the Polar Vortex again. We are on day 6 of my kids not having school this month - and in the period where they are going to have to make up days unless the Governor declares a state of emergency.

I have to laugh though, my brother and SIL moved back home to MI this year from Las Vegas. My SIL moved here first, because she was 9 months pregnant and had to get here before she couldn't travel anymore. So she came in August during the hottest period we had all summer! Now this. She keeps asking me if this is normal for a MI winter and I just have to keep telling her that this is by far the worst winter we have had since 1978!! Man, those two certainly know how to pick 'em!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    And I complain because our gas/electric bill went up to $70–$75 (mostly gas for the water heater) from the usual $55–$65.
    Our apartment doesn't have A/C nor a real heater -- just fans and small in-the-wall space heaters.
    Rent, however, is expensive as compared to where I used to live in Milwaukee, but kind of average for San Diego.
    I guess it all evens out.
    I think it does all even out. Our gas is free which I is great as we BBQ a lot. We pay for lights and heat
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I didn't realize just what a time Atlanta and Greenville, NC had yesterday. Greenville is east of us.

The ice paralyzing the city reminds me of when that happened to Raleigh about 8 years ago. Snow in the aftenoon, freezing temps, numerous car wrecks and everyone trying to drive home at once resulted in a total gridlock. Thirty minute drives turned into 10 hour ordeals. I ended up parking my car in a parking lot and walking to a good Samaritan's house until I could make arrangements. I was not walking distance from my house. It took me 9 hours to get home.

Freak Southern Snow Storm Strands 8,000 Students - ABC News

Free gas? How does that happen?

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion

Here in Northern California, I'm comfortable (with a sweater) in the house without heat, but am hoping for rain or we won't have any water in a few months.
    Punkin and Ellen like this.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

We're on a budget plan for both our gas bill and electric bills. Our electric utility was just taken over by New Jersey's utility, so we will see how that works out. I am not sure if we will see an increase in our monthly bill due to increased rates. I am embarrassed to say what I keep the thermostat set at. We have separate zones for downstairs and upstairs and I do lower it a few degrees before I retire, but I hop into bed and put my electric blanket on setting 5 for only my half of the bed. After about an hour I shut if off. I am always cold and never can seem to get warm. I freeze with the a/c on in the summer and freeze with the heat turned up in the winter.

I am trying to get motivated to clean my house. I feel like a slug today. I am looking forward to going out after dinner with hubby. Our local library is showing The Butler.

Quote Originally Posted by Punkin View Post
    Free gas? How does that happen?
    condo
    Punkin and Ellen like this.
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    We're on a budget plan for both our gas bill and electric bills. Our electric utility was just taken over by New Jersey's utility, so we will see how that works out. I am not sure if we will see an increase in our monthly bill due to increased rates. I am embarrassed to say what I keep the thermostat set at. We have separate zones for downstairs and upstairs and I do lower it a few degrees before I retire, but I hop into bed and put my electric blanket on setting 5 for only my half of the bed. After about an hour I shut if off. I am always cold and never can seem to get warm. I freeze with the a/c on in the summer and freeze with the heat turned up in the winter.

I am trying to get motivated to clean my house. I feel like a slug today. I am looking forward to going out after dinner with hubby. Our local library is showing The Butler.
    We enjoyed The Butler.I hope you do. I think we have to be as comfy in our homes as we can. We don't eat out a lot. We like watching movies at home and making popcorn, I always have huge fluffy throws on hand that we love( so do our dogs
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread