+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6435Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2187724;
    WHen I was a kid, there used to be a restaurant we would go to sometimes called the Hawaiian Village. It looked like the Tiki Bird Show at Disney World.
    Every half hour the volcano erupted. I always thought it was so cool.
    A volcano erupts at the Rain Forest Cafe too...thunder and lightning and birds squawking, monkeys making noises....I love it!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Another little special thing my grocery store provides, besides disinfectant wipes, is an umbrella bag for when it is raining. Very nice touch!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

One of our local stores does that, too. The first time I saw the umbrella bags I was a little confused until I realized: Oh, yeah, the umbrellas would be wet
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2187872;
    A volcano erupts at the Rain Forest Cafe too...thunder and lightning and birds squawking, monkeys making noises....I love it!
    Plus, kids screaming! Our kid can't take the storm stuff. I like it a lot though.

Quote Originally Posted by cricketeen;2187703;
    We love Buca di Beppo!!! So difficult for us to agree on what to share because it is all so yummy. Sitting at the kitchen table is a must. We got an entire entree of chicken parm for free - in addition to our order - because someone prepared it by mistake. Rather than throw it out, they gave it to us. The servers kept stopping by the table to show us the food they were serving, explaining what each was and how it was prepared. Fun!

We were in the group area at the back as there were far too many of us to be anywhere else. I tell you our server was a saint as trying to order for 11 people when you can't hear everyone is a bit of a task I actually filled my fridge up with the leftovers. There is a special table in the one near us...but we didn't get it...hopefully next time.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2187872;
    Wow! I've never eaten at one. Sounds kind of interesting.

The one where I used to eat as a kid, actually had a floor show with hula girls and I don't know what you call the men that beat the drums while the girls hula. It was a special treat to go there.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

MRD
    I have joined the IPod generation.

A friend upgraded her mini and got the video one and gave me her mini. I got it today. I have spent the ENTIRE day loading music. I mean the ENTIRE day. I have put CD's on it, downloaded stuff, got stuff from my daughter. I think I have about 400 songs and I've got stuff I know I haven't listened to in YEARS!!! And I think about songs I want and run and write them down so I don't forget so I can do more downloads later.

It's great. I can't believe I have missed out for so long.

And those earbuds make it sound like the music is in your brain and not in your ears.

And the really good part??? I can't hear my daughter or husband. Their lips move and I hear Mick Jagger and Jimmy Buffett and Elvis Costello!

I have it clipped to my PJ's and have walked around for the last couple hours in shear bliss!

I LOVE music and this is the best thing since the record player was invented!

Yeah, MRD!

My daughter wanted one in the worst way, so we bought her the 20 gig one two years ago (I don't think they even make them anymore) I liked hers so much that I told Santa I wanted one for Christmas last year. I got the 30 gig one that also lets me put on videos and photos. It's great when I take the pooch out for a walk and listen to my iPod. I also listen to it when we are taking trips. My older kids think I am a dork, as if I am too old to be cool, but I don't care. Interestingly, my dorkiness fades whenever they need something from me....like money!

I have a ton of vinyl records (showing my age here) that I wish I could upload onto my iPod, but I no longer have a turntable and wouldn't know how to get those songs onto the computer. I did see this thing in the Black Friday circulars, but it is kind of pricey. It records records onto CDs, which could then be saved on the computer and uploaded onto the iPod. It also plays CDs, etc.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
    Last edited by MamaC; 12-27-2006 at 06:47 PM. Reason: forgot to add....

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    MamaC...I've seen those and I didn't know they recorded records onto CD's!!!! Linens and Things and Best Buy have been the only 2 places I have seen them at and they usually run around $100...if you can catch one at Linens and Things and then use one of their coupons they run all the time, that might save you some money.

myrosiedog...my son got a iPod for Christmas this year and he's so excited. He left for his dads Christmas night and we didn't have time to download any songs onto it so he left it here and he was so disappointed that he couldn't take it with him. Santa brought him the 2GB nano....Santa figured 500 songs would be enough for him right now!!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

MRD
    I still have a working turntable and several hundred LP's. I never got rid of my albums even though I did part with my 8 tracks and cassettes. Some albums are rare. I don't listen to them much as its too much work now.

My CD player can hold 25 CD's and now the Ipod with hundreds of songs, so its a pain to have to turn the record over when one side has played. Can you imagine??? 30 years ago having my own COMPONET stereo was MY Christmas wish and the speakers were HUGE! And the earphones looked like I was going to pilot some military plane. They covered your entire ear, heck, half the head! It had 8 track AND cassette and turntable. The darn thing took up half my room!

I wish I could get some of those albums on the ipod too. Interestingly enough, I have had Pink Floyd's Dark side of the moon on 8 track, LP, cassette, CD and now Ipod. Has to be a record! (pun not intended)

My daughter has laughed at me all day as I've had to ask her how to work this thing. I am NOT technically inclined. She's had one for a couple years and she has NO patience. Acts like I'm a complete imbecile. I just want to know how to turn it on, hear the music and turn up the volume. Is that too much to ask?? Oh and get the music from the computer to the ipod. That apparantly was too much for me to figure out. (I don't have the instruction booklet. Hey, I got it used for free, not complaining, you know?)

Fortunately my daughter's friends think I'm cool. She doesn't, but they do, so I will take what I can get. THey like that I have a lot of concert t-shirts, converse high tops and listen to good music they like (both old and new) and I don't act uptight like their parents is what I've been told. Wish they'd tell my child this as she thinks I'm so uptight I sqeak. (I don't feel cool, I feel old! )

ETA: Oh cool, it records albums to CD's?? When we get working again, I may ask for that for my birthday in May. I would LOVE to have some of my albums on CD, then computer, then Ipod.

The ipod I got has 1000 songs. I thought it was a lot. Now thinking maybe not. There is SO much music I like that I can probably have this thing full in a couple weeks if I could. I'm already almost halfway there in one day!

I bet your son is bumming. It takes a while to download. Or it did for me the novice. I bet he enjoys it when he's able to get home to it.
    Last edited by MRD; 12-27-2006 at 07:04 PM.

+ Reply to Thread