+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6539Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by Punkin View Post
    You Lucky!! We have a slight chance of rain tomorrow and I've brought in wood from the garden shed in hopes to enjoy a light downpour without a "Spare the Air Day" restriction, so I can have a fire in the fireplace and pretend it's storming outside! It's been a pitiful winter here.
    snow is nice to look at, but driving in it, horrible
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

It's really coming down now. Courts have been closed, so I will not be going out tomorrow. I have things to do, but I'll work from home. Temps are supposed to stay in the teens and twenties, so it'll stay around unless it's plowed.

Second ice day (no work) for me. I have never stayed home because of ice before.
    You can do it!

I used to take a cab to the office if there was snow or ice. I'm further away now though, so it's not feasible, but I refuse to drive unless I have no choice. Many drivers refuse to slow down or show any caution. It's just ridiculous to slide into another car because of acting like a fool. And even if you are careful, if you slide into another car anyway, it's still your fault and get insurance points. I'll just wait for the roads to clear.

It's 18 degrees now and is expected to be 6 degrees in the morning!!!!! I dread my heating bill.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

After hearing all of the horror stories about the heating bills, I am super-tickled that I had my heating bill set up on the equal monthly payment plan several years ago. When I asked my neighbor if his was also set up like that, he said, "Hell Naw!!!", like I was crazy! I'd love to know what his bills have been during this polar vortex. Wonder if he's kicking himself? I've also not touched my thermostat in forever.
    inthegarden likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I have heard some people who have VERY high bills for around here. (NC where it's not usually that cold.) IMO, a bill of $350.00 that covers heat and lights, is high.

I turn my heat up in the morning to take the chill off, and then its down for the day and night. I love a cool bedroom, we both do. With floor to celling windows, the sun heats this place so well. I have the balcony doors open often
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I have ceiling fans in my bedroom and kitchen. My gurls are not big fans of those, especially my long-haired gurls, Dez and Juliebelle. If I turn them off, they'll come visit.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

My gas bill was 175.00 for this last month and we had really cold bad weather so I was happy with that. I am on the average monthly plan and I pay about 83.00 a month but I get caught up and ahead in the summer so it offsets my winter bills. No complaints from me. I am also on AMP for my electric bill and if it is really hot in the summer it will get up to almost 300.00 so I like paying a certain amount.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

That's pretty good Nennie.

+ Reply to Thread