+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6454Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by Kip View Post
    Wow, a year! That's really something.

I'm sure NorwIndian's trip went fine - I'm just curious. And, sitting at my desk all day, I was going to live a little vicariously through her!
    Yes, we would go on the road for three weeks home for one. It was fun running double, but it's way easier now than it was when we did it.

When AZ said -
    But be warned . . . the little buggers grow up WAY too fast, so treasure every moment.
    She is so right. I just looked back one year, and its as if my grandchild is a different person, you will love it Kip.
    AZChristian likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Congratulations! New babies make everything better. I'm not in a rush but I sure will cherish grandmotherdom when the time comes.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Quote Originally Posted by tbamom View Post
    Congratulations! New babies make everything better. I'm not in a rush but I sure will cherish grandmotherdom when the time comes.
    I love new baby smell, . Kinda like I love new puppy smell
    tbamom likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

Congrats on the new grandbaby Kip. I have my youngest grandson for a week and I was looking at him sitting on his stool watching cartoons and thinking he is growing up so fast. Seems he was just a baby. He is very independent now.
    Fanny Mare likes this.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

The only little one we have now is my grand niece and she is three. It's pure joy watching her react to things. She likes to come up behind the recliner and pretend to pull it back a little. We then gasp, OH, as if we are falling backwards. She loves it and laughs out loud. We aren't in any real danger of falling but she loves to hear us squeal. Such precious memories. She loves everyone so much. She wants to give hugs and kisses and always offeres to share whatever she has. Such a sweet child. It's my very favorite time.

Wow, a year! That's really something.

I'm sure NorwIndian's trip went fine - I'm just curious. And, sitting at my desk all day, I was going to live a little vicariously through her!
    Kip, I'm with you, NorwIndian's story is compelling and her delivery of it keeps me curious as to what is coming next. Her recovery from her injury has been much better than predicted due to her perseverance, good will and hard work. Hopefully she will have a story to tell here soon. I know that many of you have been great support to her. When I was driving through a storm on I-5 in Oregon while she was on the road, I had a secret wish that I would see her at a rest stop or something. But no such luck.
    Last edited by Cootie; 01-27-2014 at 08:39 PM.
    Kip likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Here's a question: On a scale of 1-10, where would you rate your sense of humor? Do you laugh very often? Do other people "see" your sense of humor?

I rated mine at an 8, and I am a laugher. I don't think it's any secret to anyone who knows me.
    Tough question. I have three brothers who are way funnier than me, and my ex-wife has often told me that it takes a while for people to get my sense of humor. On the other hand, I can usually tailor my humor to the situation, and like to leave my customers laughing as they leave my register. I'll give myself an 8--a low B.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by tbamom View Post
    I wasn't in a rush either. My oldest (whose child this is) is 35 - so it was about time. My youngest and her husband are planning to start a family in a year. The middle child and his wife want kids, but their careers are coming first now.

My daughter is a nanny for a little girl who will soon turn 3. My SIL's parents offered to take my daughter and SIL to Hawaii this week. So I babysat for the little girl today to fill in. So much fun - though she hid from me at first. I've met her several times before, and she's always shy with me for the first few minutes. My daughter texted me from Hawaii several times to make sure I had the routine down!

I wasn't in a rush either. My oldest (whose child this is) is 35 - so it was about time. My youngest and her husband are planning to start a family in a year. The middle child and his wife want kids, but their careers are coming first now.

My daughter is a nanny for a little girl who will soon turn 3. My SIL's parents offered to take my daughter and SIL to Hawaii this week. So I babysat for the little girl today to fill in. So much fun - though she hid from me at first. I've met her several times before, and she's always shy with me for the first few minutes. My daughter texted me from Hawaii several times to make sure I had the routine down!
    LOL. Like you have never done this before. My DIL got a little anxious when I looked after my grandchild( it had been awhile), now its a cakewalk for us all.
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I love new baby smell, . Kinda like I love new puppy smell
    I'm more ready for a new puppy than I am a new baby I am actually aching for a dog but husband doesn't want to commit to another one at this time.
    ClosetRTWatcher likes this.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

+ Reply to Thread