+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4488Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I am a 9 and yes I am a laugher and get me going I will giggle like a two year old lol.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    That's wonderful to hear!

Ref. the nudist posts upthread. When I was in law school, my ex and I went to St. Maarten for a week. They have a lovely nude beach called Orient Beach where there is nudiest resort. I think the beach was open to the public and we entered at no charge. I loved it. So free and no tan lines. Once we discovered it, it was the only beach we went to that week! lol No one stared and it was very low key. Everyone was friendly and most were from Europe. I don't think I would go back now though. I was in pretty good shape then. lol
    Many many years ago I lived near the beach. I used to go early in the morning before it got crowded, put my stuff down, bury a cold beverage in the cool sand & lie down & take a nap. Later as it got quite warm & the beach filled up I'd wake up, turn over, have a beverage & tan the other side.

Anyhow, beginning of the warm Summer season one year, I did my usual routine. When I woke up & turned over, I was surrounded by naked people, as far as the eyes could see. Old naked people, very young naked people, large naked people, small naked people. (By the way, even in sunny California, naked people DON'T look like the stars you see on TV. ) Somehow my favorite good old normal beach had turned into a nudist beach without me knowing about it. A few of the naked people encouraged me to join them. I said no thank you & packed up my stuff & got out of there real quick. I resented them for having changed my favorite beach. How dare they. I was there first.
    "Some of us learn from other people's mistakes and the rest of us have to be other people."

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    By the way, even in sunny California, naked people DON'T look like the stars you see on TV.
    Yup! I'm living proof.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    ...my favorite good old normal beach had turned into a nudist beach without me knowing about it.
    I'm curious -- which beach?
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Venice Beach. This was many many years ago.
    "Some of us learn from other people's mistakes and the rest of us have to be other people."

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

I am having a really angry day today so far and again I hate everything.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    I am having a really angry day today so far and again I hate everything.
    Did you write in your journal about whatever is bothering you?

Have you tried running? Running can take you out of the moments and the endorphins released might help your mood.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion

My first grandchild was born yesterday - 3 weeks early. She had low blood sugar, but that seems to be sorting itself out already. I saw her for a bit yesterday and will see her again tomorrow after my DIL and baby are back home. My DIL's mother is coming on Tuesday (it's her third grandchild) and will stay for five days. I probably won't visit during that time as the in-laws live across the country, so I won't horn in on her time as I'm only a half hour away and can see them any time.

Edited to add: I keep wondering about NorWIndian's trip. Should she be back by now?

Congratulations, Kip! That's wonderful news!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Kip View Post
    Did you write in your journal about whatever is bothering you?

Have you tried running? Running can take you out of the moments and the endorphins released might help your mood.
    No. I'm not using my journal right now. That too is something I lost hope in.

Running, no. I could have gone out for a bit of walk, though. And I still could. Although it's past 1 am now.

What fun, Kip! Get in lots of snuggle time. How nice of you to let the other grandparents have their own time. It might be nice to visit once while they're there to get a picture of all of you together. That might be special later on.
    prhoshay, Lizard and Photobabe like this.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread