+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6766Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Who knew PBS was so alternative
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

We have had a wonderful day at Disneyland today - pictures taken with Mickey and on Space Mountain for our 2014 commemoration stuff.

The BEST part of the day (I'm weird) was that the Indiana Jones ride broke down while we were on it (pretty close to the end). Wow. All of the computer-generated videos and effects went away, and they turned on the regular lights and we found out that there's pretty much nothing there except plain black walls. They re-activated it for a minute with no special effects, and we got to do the part where the boulder rolls toward you and your car "backs up" and ducks under it. Then it stopped again, and we ended up having to walk out of the ride. It was SO interesting to see "behind the scenes." And they gave us a Fast Pass to get on another ride as their way of apologizing for the technical difficulty. Nothing else we rode had any kind of line, so we gave the Fast Pass to a nice looking family we saw as we were leaving the park.

Tomorrow is Knott's Berry Farm. For sentimental reasons, I just LOVE KBF.

And I am so blessed to be married to the best person I've ever met . . . my BFF.
    Punkin, Ellen, CantGetNuf and 6 others like this.

God, I haven't been to Knott's in years. We used to go there in high school because they had really fun dance clubs and it was cheap to get in after a certain time of night. Just thinking about Knott's has be craving that fried chicken! Have a great time tomorrow!....and maybe have some chicken for me

Years ago, I was on Space Mountain when it got stuck. It was one of the steeper climbs and the thing just stopped. Eventually, they turned the lights on and we sat there for a while. They finally got us started up again, but the lights didn't go out. It was actually a lot scarier with the lights on. Everything is REALLY close together in there. After that, I kept my hands in my lap!
    AZChristian likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Disneyland is a place I love. Since I have an annual pass and I just enjoy going it always puts a smile on my face when I am not in a good place. I am on vacation this week and not doing a thing. I am resting up this month because from March going forward I am traveling on diffrent trips planned.
    AZChristian likes this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Sounds great AZ!!!
    AZChristian likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I had my annual oncology mammogram yesterday. May you never know the special torture of that! I'm still sore today. After 4 call-backs from the waiting room with the special paddles for suspicious areas on both sides, I was finally given the "all clear" for another year. ow.
    Count your blessings!

Gut-GREAT news to you!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    I had my annual oncology mammogram yesterday. May you never know the special torture of that! I'm still sore today. After 4 call-backs from the waiting room with the special paddles for suspicious areas on both sides, I was finally given the "all clear" for another year. ow.
    That's wonderful to hear!

Ref. the nudist posts upthread. When I was in law school, my ex and I went to St. Maarten for a week. They have a lovely nude beach called Orient Beach where there is nudiest resort. I think the beach was open to the public and we entered at no charge. I loved it. So free and no tan lines. Once we discovered it, it was the only beach we went to that week! lol No one stared and it was very low key. Everyone was friendly and most were from Europe. I don't think I would go back now though. I was in pretty good shape then. lol
    Last edited by Debb70; 01-24-2014 at 09:02 AM.
    Ellen, CantGetNuf and Kip like this.

I had a general physical with my regular doctor today and all clear, there, too. Well, they drew blood to test for blood sugar, so I won't know that right away. I asked about the area where I had my spider bite last spring, as it still aches a lot. She said it was probably nerve damage because spider bites can be very toxic. No kidding. I was crazy sick with that. She said if it isn't better after a year, it probably won't get better. It's better now than it was last summer, so there's already been some improvement. All the more reason to eat what I know to be a healthy diet. I'm my own worst enemy sometimes when it comes to food.
    Punkin likes this.
    Count your blessings!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Here's a question: On a scale of 1-10, where would you rate your sense of humor? Do you laugh very often? Do other people "see" your sense of humor?

I rated mine at an 8, and I am a laugher. I don't think it's any secret to anyone who knows me.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread