+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5834Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

AZ, have you decided how and where you will celebrate your 50th Anniversary this year? Inquiring minds ....

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

We will be on a cruise in Alaska. On the actual day of our anniversary, we will be cruising College Fjord, all the way up to Glacier Bay. And sometime during the cruise, we're going to stand up in front of the captain and renew our vows. (I already have a gorgeous dress and jewelry, just need the shoes.)

We're actually celebrating all year. This Friday is the 50th anniversary of our engagement, so we're going to California (where we lived as newlyweds). We're going to Disneyland, Knott's Berry Farm, and San Pedro (where we lived).

Thanks for asking, Punkin!

(ETA. I think my current avatar picture was taken in Glacier Bay!)

I hope that is a Princess Cruise so we can all tune into the Chapel Cam and be your guests at the Ceremony! How cool would that be?

It IS a Princess cruise. When we get the word from the captain as to when the ceremony will be, I'll post here so anyone who wants to watch the Chapel Cam can do so.

:-)
    Punkin, Ellen, CantGetNuf and 5 others like this.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    It IS a Princess cruise. When we get the word from the captain as to when the ceremony will be, I'll post here so anyone who wants to watch the Chapel Cam can do so.

:-)
    How very cool! I never heard about the Chapel Cam.
    AZChristian likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    We will be on a cruise in Alaska. On the actual day of our anniversary, we will be cruising College Fjord, all the way up to Glacier Bay. And sometime during the cruise, we're going to stand up in front of the captain and renew our vows. (I already have a gorgeous dress and jewelry, just need the shoes.)

We're actually celebrating all year. This Friday is the 50th anniversary of our engagement, so we're going to California (where we lived as newlyweds). We're going to Disneyland, Knott's Berry Farm, and San Pedro (where we lived).

Thanks for asking, Punkin!

(ETA. I think my current avatar picture was taken in Glacier Bay!)
    How cool!!! we renewed our vows on a Princess cruise, it was all very emotional. I am so happy for you..

even cooler!!
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Princess Cruise Lines (my favorite) has both "Chapel Cams" and "Bridge Cams". You can go to Bridge and Wedding Cams : Princess Cruises and bring up a list of all the Princess ships Bridge and Chapel cams. The Chapel Cams are for weddings or recommitments whilst on a Princess voyage so that the poor landlubbers back home can 'attend' the happy ceremonies. I think it's Brilliant and I've never had a chance to attend a ceremony before! This could be a FORT first!

The Bridge Cam is a camera that is up at the front of the Bridge (Captain's steering wheel place) and shows what's in front of the ship. Either you will see a city or port where the ship is docked that is on the ship's itinerary, or just see a whole bunch of water when they are at sea. When we book a cruise, or have friends who are on one we check the bridge cams often to see what we will see when we sail or what our friends are seeing now. A virtual vacation. Check it. It's cool!
    AZChristian likes this.

I'm waiting on the snow here. They are predicting snow that will freeze when it hits the ground. It's now 30 degrees and dropping. It's not suppose to get over 20 degrees all day tomorrow. We'll see.......I really want to know because I'm supposed to be in court by 9:00. If it's slick, I'm calling a cab.

And my early Daffodils are popping up already! :>)

Sorry, couldn't help it. :>(

So, AZ, we'll need the date and ship name. I'll have to find a fabulous gown and make matching jewelry for the event! And I'm sure everyone else will! Virtual wedding party! How Perfect! I can afford the best designer, virtually. What color are you wearing? I wouldn't want to clash!

And we'll have a Drinking Party, like every time you 'kids' say "Love", we all take a shot! I am so looking forward to this!
    Last edited by Punkin; 01-21-2014 at 09:11 PM.
    Ellen, AZChristian and Debb70 like this.

My dress is champagne colored, full-length, with a jacket with sparkly stuff that matches the top of the dress. It looks awesome with my new ring!!!

I don't know exactly when, but it will be sometime between July 28 and August 8. They schedule it around the captain's availability, and since he will be busy steering us out of Glacier Bay on the actual day (August 2nd), it probably won't be then.

+ Reply to Thread