+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6152Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

The Kroger stores here even used to have chicken sounds near the eggs, but now that you guys mention it, I don't hear them, or the cows moo-ing when I open thew dairy door anymore.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    Spent most of the day walking the AC Boardwalk going from shop to shop and just planning on going to other shops. I love the hat i bought.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2187410;
    I was never in one (Rain Forest Cafe), but it used to scare me half to death when I'd walk past it (it has since closed in Chicago a long time ago; I think some of the suburban ones are still open) and I'd hear all these squawking noises. Was the food good there, or was it all "show" for the kids?
    No, the one in Chicago is still there (on Clark), unless it just VERY recently closed. A check of their site doesn't indicate that, though.

I've never been there (it seemed tourist-trappy), but I can see where kids would really enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;2187502;
    The Kroger stores here even used to have chicken sounds near the eggs, but now that you guys mention it, I don't hear them, or the cows moo-ing when I open thew dairy door anymore.
    Are you pulling our legs?
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by JLuvs;2187434;
    I have been to the Las Vegas Rainforest Cafe and the one at Ontario Mills. The food is delicious. I can't wait to take my nephews there when they are older and not as scared of noises.

Speaking of restaurants:

http://www.bucadibeppo.com/

I went here for the first time on Saturday night. The food is simply divine. If you go as a group or couple just remember the portions are huge. A large option of dish can be split between four people easily. I would highly recommend this restaurant if there is one near you.
    We love Buca di Beppo!!! So difficult for us to agree on what to share because it is all so yummy. Sitting at the kitchen table is a must. We got an entire entree of chicken parm for free - in addition to our order - because someone prepared it by mistake. Rather than throw it out, they gave it to us. The servers kept stopping by the table to show us the food they were serving, explaining what each was and how it was prepared. Fun!
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2187391;
    Oh...I love the Rain Forest Cafe....such a neat concept and what a great place to take kids!!
    WHen I was a kid, there used to be a restaurant we would go to sometimes called the Hawaiian Village. It looked like the Tiki Bird Show at Disney World.
    Every half hour the volcano erupted. I always thought it was so cool.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Amanda;2187531;
    No, the one in Chicago is still there (on Clark), unless it just VERY recently closed. A check of their site doesn't indicate that, though.

I've never been there (it seemed tourist-trappy), but I can see where kids would really enjoy it.
    Amanda, I was thinking of the one on Ontario or Ohio, not far from the expressway. Is that the same one? Maybe I was thinking of Planet Hollywood? I know they were situated pretty close to one another. Oops. I made a geographical boo boo.

I think it's on Clark and Ohio, but I tend to get the downtown streets mixed up in my head a lot.

It doesn't matter either way, really, unless someone is reading this thread thinking "Man, I would really love to go to the downtown Chicago Rainforest Cafe; I wonder if it's open?" And I doubt they are.

Our grocery store has those damned mooing cows in the dairy section. I always picture a couple of snickering teenage boys, hunkered down behind the milk jugs as they're stocking the shelves, hitting a "moo" button everytime I walk by.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    I'd be paranoid if something moo'd when I walked by...like someone was giving me a not-so-subtle hint to get back on that treadmill! But I'll bet the kids shopping with their parents get a kick out of it!

+ Reply to Thread