+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6257Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

The only way you can avoid things like that might be to move to another planet. People are people.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    The only way you can avoid things like that might be to move to another planet. People are people.
    I agree that people like this are everywhere, but I do think there is an argument for avoiding places like that website where they seem to exist in a much higher concentration!

I sent my kiddo back to college yesterday. We are sad to see him go, but we are SO proud of him!
    Punkin, CantGetNuf and Cootie like this.

I always sent my kids back to college with a mixture of sadness and relief. I live alone, so there is a small element of my psychic space being intruded on. You get used to letting your hair down completely. Love them dearly.
    Count your blessings!

I agree. I could never rest well when my son came home; when he was at school, I would sleep like a rock!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

My kids live at home and are in university (grad school and 3rd year) and my daughter is in her next to last year of high school. Staying home means that they will graduate with healthy bank balances and we didn't have the money to fund residence so it worked for us. I am looking forward to being an empty nester somewhere around 51....about the same time the mortgage gets paid off.
    Punkin, CantGetNuf and Lizard like this.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

While I understand the financial aspect, I always felt sorry for kids who didn't go away to school; they just didn't get that full college experience that I found so valuable in my life....not to mention the fun of being out of the situation you'd lived in all of your life. You had to learn to make your own decisions about getting things completed, whether/when to go to class; if you didn't....shame on you because you were risking the embarrassment of having to go home, in disgrace. I DON'T THINK SO!!!! Some people were cut out for it; some people weren't. Survival Skills...101!!!

I stayed at home for college. My survival skills probably were behind others because i did not really date back then. (Being in a weird coccoon and all. But people who stay at home for college usually date) Romantic relationships demand more survival than anything else. SAys the ever chicken. Bock. Bock. But now at this age 48 i am shifting concern to my health and parents health.
    You can do it!

I guess, by your definition, I got 2 experiences in one. I spent a significant part of my college living with my chosen boyfriend. He really treated me extremely well; today, when I think about living with him I just about GAG!!!! I just saw a picture of him on FB and I could probably pass him on the street, today, and would be hard-pressed to even recognize him. Shocking, huh?

He called me, a few years ago, and sounded the same. I don't think he ever married or had children.

I guess it depends on the kids and the homes they are living in. Mine have a roof and meals provided, use of a vehicle, laundry facilities etc. I don't make sure they go to class- I don't have to.
    My husband and I were in a big rush to move out, go to school, live together and graduated with tens of thousands of student loans. In hindsight had we stayed home (we live in a 2 university, 2 college city) we would have graduated with a deposit for a house in the bank instead since all our summer employment funds wouldn't gave gone to survival.

That said my starving student body was the best I ever had.
    Ellen and CantGetNuf like this.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

It was just nice to be out on our own. The whole idea was to get your feet under you...and show we could do it. Of course, we were both also on full scholarships, so student loans were not an issue, thank goodness. It is OBSCENE what it costs today and how it is going up on a regular basis. This country ought to be ashamed of itself.

It was a good amount of time before I decided to marry......another "thank goodness"! Oh well....that's where I learned that I am just not the marrying kind.....ANOTHER education!!!
    tbamom likes this.

+ Reply to Thread