+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4533Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Now THAT sounds like a really LOSER site. Don't go there anymore.
    Kip likes this.
    Count your blessings!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

While listening to an NBC reporter talking about Michelle Obama's birthday bash the idiot woman, Kristen Welker, referred to the dance called "The Doug-ie" as "The Doog-ie". How embarrassing!! I mean, how long do you have to study and prepare to be that stupid?? This term is nothing new, so I don't see the excuse.

Can you tell that mispronunciations by "professionals" is one of my pet peeves? There IS no excuse for this stupidity.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Never too old to Twinkle! AZChristian's Avatar

I was born and raised in Baltimore. After we moved to Arizona, I felt it was my duty to call news stations and ask them to teach their reporters that the world-famous hospital they were talking about in their reports was JohnS Hopkins, not "John Hopkins."

I'm listening to the Harry Potter audiobooks for the umpteenth time. (I play them as I fall asleep at night to help me focus on something other than the darned tinnitus which would make me crazy(er) if I didn't distract myself from it.) As much as I love the voice of the reader, in the early books he always mispronounces "Gryffindor" and "Voldemort" of all things.

So I'm with you, prhoshay.
    prhoshay and Ellen like this.

I feel your pain! I have to fight the temptation to call!!!

I'm sure people think we are being petty.....now, ask me if I care!!

I'm, by no means, perfect but I'm also not paid decent bucks to be accurate.
    Ellen, CantGetNuf and AZChristian like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

So while enjoying my Sunday morning coffee I find myself laughing hysterical over a review on amazon for a 5lb sugar free haribou gummy bears. Now I feel good that I like my candy with all the sugar included.haha
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Never too old to Twinkle! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    So while enjoying my Sunday morning coffee I find myself laughing hysterical over a review on amazon for a 5lb sugar free haribou gummy bears. Now I feel good that I like my candy with all the sugar included.haha
    Are those the reviews that mention the "lower digestive looseness" that follows ingesting the candy? LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    Are those the reviews that mention the "lower digestive looseness" that follows ingesting the candy? LOL.
    Lol. That is why I prefer my candy with all the sugar. I just cut back someplace else,lol
    waywyrd and AZChristian like this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    While listening to an NBC reporter talking about Michelle Obama's birthday bash the idiot woman, Kristen Welker, referred to the dance called "The Doug-ie" as "The Doog-ie". How embarrassing!! I mean, how long do you have to study and prepare to be that stupid?? This term is nothing new, so I don't see the excuse.

Can you tell that mispronunciations by "professionals" is one of my pet peeves? There IS no excuse for this stupidity.
    First off, I wouldn't know the Doug-ie if I was watching it, much less know how to pronounce it.

But I agree about professional people & mispronunciations. I just want to scream, and I wonder why someone hasn't pointed it out to them so they don't appear foolish or uninformed.
    President Jimmy Carter used to always pronounce "nuclear" as "nu-cu-lar". I just wanted to scream: "It's nu-cle-ar!!!!! There is NO U in the middle of the word!" For cryin' out loud, this man was the President of the United States & the most powerful leader in the world. You think someone would have taught him something this simple.
    CantGetNuf likes this.
    "Some of us learn from other people's mistakes and the rest of us have to be other people."

Yikes! I am a Gummi fool....for YEARS now! I can't imagine eating them sugar-free! I am not willing to tolerate a digestive freak-out. Haribou has never been a preferred brand, either. Those huge bears are adorable, though, but I'll probably stick with the worms. I find Haribou drier and harder.
    MsDiva2007 likes this.

They now make fruity, yummy, gummy multi-vitamins for adults. I don't care for candy, but I love my gummy-vites!

+ Reply to Thread