+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5807Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Have you ever done something so wrong you couldn't help but learn that lesson for life? When I was 19 I worked at a sandwich shop. It was new and they hadn't installed the safe yet so instead of putting money pulled from the register into the safe we would hide it in a drawer full of file folders. I had made a drop of $300. Later that night some friends came by. One asked if he could use the phone. It was in the office. I knew I shouldn't have but I let him anyways. When they all started to leave I ran to check that the drop was still there. I couldn't find it. Freaking out I ran outside. They had already backed up and were about to pull away when I flagged them down. I told the guy the money was missing. He kept telling me he didn't take it. He came back inside with me and sat in the chair and started looking through the files with me. After a few minutes we still didn't find it. I'm starting to cry and begging him to please just give the money back. He keeps trying to convince me he doesn't have it. I say, "Just give the money back and that will be the end of it. Otherwise I'm going to call the police." About that time I see something out of the corner of my eye and I turn to look and there is a police officer creeping down the hall towards us, starting to withdraw his weapon from his holster. (Yeah as upset as I was I could still appreciate how bad ass it was.) And I said, "Well they're here now." Then I looked at the officer, who was a regular customer of mine, and said, "C'mon in, we got a situation." I told him what was going on. Just having someone there, who was armed, and ready to defend me, calmed me down. He had seen the car outside, still backed up and ready to go, and decided to check it out. So having calmed down, and the guy still claiming he's innocent I look through the files for the hundredth time and there's the money. I have never felt so stupid. And guilty. When I've told people this story they always ask how pissed off was my friend at me. Honestly it wasn't so out of character for him so he really didn't get mad. I took the whole situation a lot harder then he did. Since then I have a hard time accusing someone of something even when I KNOW they did it. And I always listen to that little voice that says, "If you don't think you should do it then don't."
    I'm having a hard time sleeping. Maybe it's guilt.
    "You better watch your mouth sunshine."-Daryl Dixon

Everbody does something they are ashamed of at least once. It was not intentional. We cringe when we think that treated someone unjustly....
    CantGetNuf and Photobabe like this.
    You can do it!

50 years and counting! AZChristian's Avatar

The hardest person to forgive is yourself.
    • Allow yourself to be angry at yourself.
    • Say out loud, "I feel terrible about this right now. Tomorrow it will be a little better."
    • Commit to yourself that you will learn from your behavior.
    • Forgive yourself.
    • Go out and be kinder to others with your new attitude of "nobody's perfect."

I have an incident in my past of speaking out of turn at work in a way that came back to cause me a lot of discomfort. What I said about someone else was true, but my handling of a situation was not professional and I ended up having to dig myself out of a hole about it.

Until I admitted to myself that the unpleasant consequences were my own fault, I couldn't get past it and move forward. That's when I came up with that list of 5 points. The fifth has been pivotal in my personal growth.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I don't even think about putting anything in my bra, except what it's designed for. My great grandmother would pop her hanky in her bra

There is no extra room in my bra
    Punkin and Ellen like this.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

CGN, while your decisions were wrong in the money case (immaturity, but that's how we learn), I don't think you ever should have been placed in that position in the first place, That store never should have opened without a safe for the money; it's almost like you were set up to fail. At age 19, you had neither the life experience nor the work experience to have been placed in that situation.

Definitely forgive yourself and let it go. Move on. Go slap the person who decided to open the store before they should have.
    CantGetNuf, Lizard and AZChristian like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by tbamom View Post
    There is no extra room in my bra
    LOL are you boasting or complaining? (lucky thing)
    Punkin and Cootie like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by CantGetNuf View Post
    Have you ever done something so wrong you couldn't help but learn that lesson for life? When I was 19 I worked at a sandwich shop. It was new and they hadn't installed the safe yet so instead of putting money pulled from the register into the safe we would hide it in a drawer full of file folders. I had made a drop of $300. Later that night some friends came by. One asked if he could use the phone. It was in the office. I knew I shouldn't have but I let him anyways. When they all started to leave I ran to check that the drop was still there. I couldn't find it. Freaking out I ran outside. They had already backed up and were about to pull away when I flagged them down. I told the guy the money was missing. He kept telling me he didn't take it. He came back inside with me and sat in the chair and started looking through the files with me. After a few minutes we still didn't find it. I'm starting to cry and begging him to please just give the money back. He keeps trying to convince me he doesn't have it. I say, "Just give the money back and that will be the end of it. Otherwise I'm going to call the police." About that time I see something out of the corner of my eye and I turn to look and there is a police officer creeping down the hall towards us, starting to withdraw his weapon from his holster. (Yeah as upset as I was I could still appreciate how bad ass it was.) And I said, "Well they're here now." Then I looked at the officer, who was a regular customer of mine, and said, "C'mon in, we got a situation." I told him what was going on. Just having someone there, who was armed, and ready to defend me, calmed me down. He had seen the car outside, still backed up and ready to go, and decided to check it out. So having calmed down, and the guy still claiming he's innocent I look through the files for the hundredth time and there's the money. I have never felt so stupid. And guilty. When I've told people this story they always ask how pissed off was my friend at me. Honestly it wasn't so out of character for him so he really didn't get mad. I took the whole situation a lot harder then he did. Since then I have a hard time accusing someone of something even when I KNOW they did it. And I always listen to that little voice that says, "If you don't think you should do it then don't."
    I'm having a hard time sleeping. Maybe it's guilt.
    I've found that listening to the little voice is almost always the way to go. Sometimes we convince ourselves of something because it's what we WANT to be true, but we can't convince the little voice. It knows the truth.
    Deep inside we know when something is wrong or a bad idea. We try to suppress this.
    The little voice reminds us of this whether we want it or not. Listen to it.
    prhoshay, CantGetNuf and Lizard like this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

The "little voice" is always right. It's kind of annoying!

My little method for gauging how I feel is to talk to myself in the mirror. It's amazing how many things have come out of my mouth - things I didn't really even know I was thinking - until I do that. It's helped me make some major decisions.

CGN - We've all had situations we wish we could go back and handle them differently. That you still feel bad about it years later just means that you're a good person.
    CantGetNuf and Miss Scarlet like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Screw it. I'm back.

Though I never really left in the first place.
    Punkin and ClosetRTWatcher like this.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Anyone know of Omegle? It's a website where you can randomly chat with strangers either through text or webcam.

I tried the webcam feature for the first time tonight.

Everyone either skipped me immediately, gave me a weird look before skipping me, or gave an insult before skipping me. I've also been called "fat" a couple times.

So it's not good. I am too good for that website. I am the best person.
    Punkin, Kip and Miss Scarlet like this.

+ Reply to Thread