+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7187Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    I always carry an across-the-body purse. I think most purse snatchers are looking for an easy mark, and an across-the-body purse means you're not going to be able to grab and run . . . 'cause the carrier will still be hooked to it. Besides, I like to have both hands free AND I'm less likely to put my across-the-body purse down into a shopping cart and forget about it.

I agree, I have one I just love. I love having two hands free .
    Last edited by Fanny Mare; 01-17-2014 at 05:21 PM.
    AZChristian likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    I need to check the weather. I seem to recall that our warm snap is ending this weekend. I should bring in wood.
    I live in a small town and have to pay for parking at the Y and anywhere on the main street (bank, shops, restaurants, etc.) And it's a $10 ticket if you forget! I keep quarters in the car. I have a small purse with a long strap that stays zipped into one compartment for when I don't what to carry my big purse. It fits right inside the big one like a large wallet. It has my credit cards, license, etc. in it. The strap can go across my body so my hands are free and it's really pretty small. The only thing of value in the bigger purse is my checkbook and I would notice if that were taken and would tell the bank right away.
    Ten dollars. Pshaw. Ours are $30.00. They used to let you pay a bit less if you paid within a few days but now it is just a flat rate.
    Ellen likes this.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I love my cross-body purses too. I don't like carrying anything else, and when I do, I immediately wish I could change purses. They make me feel safer and they're just easier.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I know, much safer. I have hands for my keys and I don't( as AZ said) leave the damn purse anywhere
    AZChristian likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

The only things I keep in my bra are my boobies.
    Punkin, Lil Bit, nennie and 1 others like this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    The only things I keep in my bra are my boobies.
    LOL, that's what I said.
    Ellen likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

I don't like cross body purses either. I have a small cross body clutch I carry when I am out on a trip.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

I do like the hands-free aspect of cross body purses and do have two of them but my only issue is that they are rather small. I'm a big purse kind of gal, actually kind of jumbo. I've a large wallet, eyeglass case, makeup bag, cell phone, tissues, tic tacs, pen that need to fit in my purse and it never fits in the smaller cross body type purse.
    Punkin likes this.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

I have a surprisingly small cross-body that holds my keys, sunglasses, ID, credit cards, cash, a pen, and a .38. No one would know it to look at it, but I'm carrying. It's in a separate section from everything else, so the gun isn't evident even when I open the purse to pay for something. I don't carry makeup, and my phone is always clipped to my waist.
    CantGetNuf and Cornholio like this.

Mine carries what I need. Its a nice size..I use to lug around a bag, and my chiropractor said THAT is going to give you a shoulder/head/neck ache..in the end it did. I don't carry half as much as I did. I have a tiny zipper on the bottom and that's where I pop my lipstick and or lip gloss. LOL AZ, I cant imagine carrying around a gun.( but the zipper around the bottom of mine would be a good place)
    Ellen and AZChristian like this.
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread