+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5671Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit View Post
    I'm exposed to so many germs every day, but I don't get sick very often. Many of the customers that I come in contact with are sick and come to us directly from the doctors office. I've had an elderly lady literally cough in my face... I felt her spit hit my cheek. We have one customer who has some kind of skin disorder and I cringe whenever I have to handle the money that he hands me. And another customer who is morbidly obese, probably close to 400 pounds. In the summer she carries her money inside her bra and she fishes around in there, digs it out and hands me a handful of crumpled up, sweaty bills. Needless to say, I wash my hands OFTEN, I use hand sanitizer constantly, and I get a flu shot.
    EWWWWWW! You are a SAINT Lil Bit!!!!

I have never kept anything in my bra. That sounds incredibly uncomfortable. If I need to go somewhere where I need minimal stuff to carry or need to be hands free I just switch to a small cross body purse!

The phone carrying trend I'm seeing more often here is with young African women who wear head scarves. They wrap their phones right to their ear with the scarf! It looks so precarious that I always think it's going to fall, but it never seems to move. At first I thought they were only doing it during calls, but it seems like I have seen a couple lately where they didn't seem to be talking and still had the phone wrapped to their head. Has anyone else even seen this??

I don't even think about putting anything in my bra, except what it's designed for. My great grandmother would pop her hanky in her bra
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

It's always made me feel weird to take money that has body heat attached. Ewwwwww.......good grief! I also hate to watch women reaching for it!

I seldom am carrying cash, so it's not an issue for me. I keep whatever cash I am carrying in that tiny front pocket of my jeans. I prefer to carry my money and card like men do....in my front pocket. I hate carrying purses. I never, never, never carry one into a grocery store! I carry my cards in a flat metal case in my pocket.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I carry cards only. I have change for parking , but that's in the car. So really I don't have money on me.
    -Andy Rooney-

I can't remember the last time I went some place where I had to pay for parking. Sad life!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

We live right downtown, so parking is at a premium -unless I walk or catch the bus. I like the freedom of using my car, plus sometimes it's too dammed cold to wait for a bus or walk.
    Last edited by Fanny Mare; 01-17-2014 at 11:35 AM.
    -Andy Rooney-

I am confined to the house for the next several days. The Polar Vortex is visiting, again, and there is a stead 10-12 mph breeze. Fuggedaboutit!

I need to check the weather. I seem to recall that our warm snap is ending this weekend. I should bring in wood.
    I live in a small town and have to pay for parking at the Y and anywhere on the main street (bank, shops, restaurants, etc.) And it's a $10 ticket if you forget! I keep quarters in the car. I have a small purse with a long strap that stays zipped into one compartment for when I don't what to carry my big purse. It fits right inside the big one like a large wallet. It has my credit cards, license, etc. in it. The strap can go across my body so my hands are free and it's really pretty small. The only thing of value in the bigger purse is my checkbook and I would notice if that were taken and would tell the bank right away.
    Count your blessings!

I am not a fan of those purses that go across the body. Not only do I hate the look, but I don't like the idea of being snatched around/down by the strap. Guys have the right idea when it comes to carrying their things. Lord knows, they usually don't have to worry about having their purses/murses snatched or stolen.

50 years and counting! AZChristian's Avatar

I always carry an across-the-body purse. I think most purse snatchers are looking for an easy mark, and an across-the-body purse means you're not going to be able to grab and run . . . 'cause the carrier will still be hooked to it. Besides, I like to have both hands free AND I'm less likely to put my across-the-body purse down into a shopping cart and forget about it.

+ Reply to Thread