+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6766Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2187391;
    Oh...I love the Rain Forest Cafe....such a neat concept and what a great place to take kids!!
    I love it too!

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    I was never in one (Rain Forest Cafe), but it used to scare me half to death when I'd walk past it (it has since closed in Chicago a long time ago; I think some of the suburban ones are still open) and I'd hear all these squawking noises. Was the food good there, or was it all "show" for the kids?

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2187410;
    I was never in one (Rain Forest Cafe), but it used to scare me half to death when I'd walk past it (it has since closed in Chicago a long time ago; I think some of the suburban ones are still open) and I'd hear all these squawking noises. Was the food good there, or was it all "show" for the kids?
    I've been to one in Nashville and I think there was one in Las Vegas that I went to (is it still there?)....I thought the food was pretty darn good...some of it may have been a little on the pricey side but I'm willing to pay a little more if I'm going to be entertained and enjoy the "experience".....
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

I have been to the Las Vegas Rainforest Cafe and the one at Ontario Mills. The food is delicious. I can't wait to take my nephews there when they are older and not as scared of noises.

Speaking of restaurants:

http://www.bucadibeppo.com/

I went here for the first time on Saturday night. The food is simply divine. If you go as a group or couple just remember the portions are huge. A large option of dish can be split between four people easily. I would highly recommend this restaurant if there is one near you.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2187420;
    I've been to one in Nashville and I think there was one in Las Vegas that I went to (is it still there?)....I thought the food was pretty darn good...some of it may have been a little on the pricey side but I'm willing to pay a little more if I'm going to be entertained and enjoy the "experience".....
    We've been to that one several times. When our kid was a year old, he loved it two years, not so much, three years, he got hysterical. We had to take turns eating while one of us walked him around outside.
    The food is quite good but as you said, some meals are a little too expensive for what you get.

JLuvs...that restaurant sounds yummy but, of course, there isn't one here in Alabama!!

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2187288;
    Our grocery has lightening and thunder just before the sprayers go off to warn you. The first time I encounted the flashing lights and rumble, I didn't know what to think until the sprayers went off and it dawned on me.
    The store we go to sometimes does that too. And the store nearest my house use to have these motionsensors in the dairy section, and when somebody walks past the sensor, it plays a recording of a cow mooing.
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

Quote Originally Posted by SuperBrat;2187479;
    The store we go to sometimes does that too. And the store nearest my house use to have these motionsensors in the dairy section, and when somebody walks past the sensor, it plays a recording of a cow mooing.
    ........OMG..now that is one I haven't heard of....what grocery chain is that?

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2187293;
    We have that at our grocery store too....whoever thought that up had a really good sense of humor!
    We have it in one of our stores too, I think my presence just sets it off because every time I approach the fresh produce the thunder storm starts.....why do they have to soak down the veggies so much??? Especially when I'm around---such a mess
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2187487;
    ........OMG..now that is one I haven't heard of....what grocery chain is that?
    A chain called Larry's Market. The company went belly up I think, and I think the new owners of the store by me removed the cows.
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

+ Reply to Thread