+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7280Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Yes, me too Critical. My doctor is happy with what she sees, and said the flu shot is up to me..
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Last time I had the flu, I remember literally crawling down the hall to get a cup of ice water because I just couldn't get up and walk. I've gotten a flu shot ever since and try to eat well. I never want to go through that again!

I just came back from a cruise and was amazed at the number of adults who thought nothing of coughing/sneezing all over the place (restaurants, especially) without even trying to cover their mouths. I wanted to smack some of them.
    AZChristian likes this.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    Last time I had the flu, I remember literally crawling down the hall to get a cup of ice water because I just couldn't get up and walk. I've gotten a flu shot ever since and try to eat well. I never want to go through that again!

I just came back from a cruise and was amazed at the number of adults who thought nothing of coughing/sneezing all over the place (restaurants, especially) without even trying to cover their mouths. I wanted to smack some of them.
    Every time I see someone sneeze into their hand (their HAND! Ack!) I want to stop and lecture them! Unless you plan on going right now - without touching anything - and washing your hands OR dousing yourself in antibacterial gel, then DON'T sneeze into your hand. Use your arm or your shoulder. A friend of mine - a total germaphobe too - sneezed into her hand the other night when I was hanging out at her house and it was all I could do not to say something.

I'd freak out if someone coughed or sneezed without even covering their mouths on a cruise like that. I'm not a germaphobe (too much, anyway) but seriously. That's just bad manners.

MAN, I really don't miss working in an office. I'm remembering the woman I worked with who would use the restroom and then not wash her hands afterwards. I was SO happy I didn't work in her department. What you do at home is your own business, but at work, have a little consideration. There were several times when I would be in the bathroom stall and she'd breeze in, do her business (no toilet seat cover, of course, but that's her problem) and then breeze back out. I'd always want to shout, "WASH YOUR HANDS!!!" as she left.
    CantGetNuf likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

My husband and I were at the Chinese buffet last night when I needed to cough. I was trying to do a little closed mouth cough because I would just die if someone was coughing over the food at a buffet.
    I have become the queen of passive aggressive. I always find a way to tell people what they are doing wrong without them realising I'm kind of insulting them. I would have had to say something to the woman in the office who wouldn't wash her hands after using the restroom.
    waywyrd and Critical like this.
    "You better watch your mouth sunshine."-Daryl Dixon

It has been probably 25 years since I had the flu and it was the worst case I had ever gotten and I was sick for weeks. Thought I would never get over it.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post

That's what someone did in our elevator, I was trapped :eeek
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I'm so sorry to hear you are developing shingles, PA Snowbunny. My mom had them the last year of her life, and besides her illness, she was miserable. She tried Calamine Lotion, but that only went so far. This was seven years ago and there were no real treatments. I hope there are now. Because both Mom and my Brother had shingles, I got the shot, but that turned out messy because the Pharm Tech hit a vein when it was supposed to be subcutaneous. Who knows if I am truly vaccinated.

I also get the flu shot every year and the last few years have been able to get the "senior" shot which is slightly more amped up than the regular shot. The one time I remember having a bad flu experience was when I was eight years old (1954 - 55) and it was called the Hong Kong flu at that time. It is probably that epidemic that immunized many seniors against the H1N1 that is spreading now. The doctor (not knowing between a virus and an infection) gave me the penicillin shot that proved my allergy. Somehow I survived it all.

RE: Looking like family...When a stranger saw me with my father, they would say I looked just like him. When they saw me with my mother, they would say I looked just like her. Actually, when I look in the mirror, I see my mother's features on the left side of my face and my father's on the right.

Have I covered the recent discussions?
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

You missed the skunk talk.
    Baby's Breath likes this.
    "You better watch your mouth sunshine."-Daryl Dixon

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I avoided getting shingles by getting the shingles vaccine! When I decided to start seeing my physician on an annual basis, because I had been neglecting my general health, I also made sure I got my preventive screenings whether I wanted to, or not. I remember my mother having shingles and how miserable she was and I was NOT in the mood, if it could be avoided. Luckily, it's a one-time shot. My doctor agreed. This stuff is no fun, but seems to be helpful; it doesn't mean that I will never get anything, but I do try to do what I can to, responsibly, hold up my end. I always retain the option to say "No".
    I wanted to get this last year when I got my flu shot, but Kaiser Permanente doesn't cover shingles vaccines for anyone under 60—even though most COMPETENT medical professionals recommend it at age 50. Out of pocket at Rite-Aid or CVS, they run upwards of $250. Not possible at this point. (Maybe my new ACA health plan—with the med group I'd been with and liked before—will protect me now at an affordable price.)
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by CantGetNuf View Post
    You missed the skunk talk.
    Yikes! No skunk experience, but a coyote tried to squeeze through the bars on the gate to the parking area of the apartment. A neighbor scared it off.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

+ Reply to Thread