Like Tree6401Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

She does a bit, yes.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Yep, you two could pass for mother-daughter. I see it!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I avoided getting shingles by getting the shingles vaccine! When I decided to start seeing my physician on an annual basis, because I had been neglecting my general health, I also made sure I got my preventive screenings whether I wanted to, or not. I remember my mother having shingles and how miserable she was and I was NOT in the mood, if it could be avoided. Luckily, it's a one-time shot. My doctor agreed. This stuff is no fun, but seems to be helpful; it doesn't mean that I will never get anything, but I do try to do what I can to, responsibly, hold up my end. I always retain the option to say "No".
    AZChristian likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I avoided getting shingles by getting the shingles vaccine! When I decided to start seeing my physician on an annual basis, because I had been neglecting my general health, I also made sure I got my preventive screenings whether I wanted to, or not. I remember my mother having shingles and how miserable she was and I was NOT in the mood, if it could be avoided. Luckily, it's a one-time shot. My doctor agreed. This stuff is no fun, but seems to be helpful; it doesn't mean that I will never get anything, but I do try to do what I can to, responsibly, hold up my end. I always retain the option to say "No".
    I never even thought about it, but it was the stress of moving that brought mine on..I had no idea. She said I am immune now for 10 years , so I maybe will get the shot .I thought it was more than once you needed it though.She was surprised I got it, she said my immune system was always very good.

I am happy I didn't get the flu shot, my friend got hers and is so sick with the flu..yikes!!
    -Andy Rooney-

I got mine and have avoided the flu going through our school. A lot of kids have been out.
    Count your blessings!

I think most of the kids got their flu shot. Touch wood its been awhile since I was even close to getting the flu bug- the average is 2/3 times a year...
    -Andy Rooney-

What is with these people dying from flu? One of the groups seems to be young (20s) healthy people, which bothers me for my son who is a needle sissy and a "Teflon" MAN.

Stress and not enough rest have, in the past, always brought about my in-dwelling virus issues.....my perfect storm, if you will.
    Last edited by prhoshay; 01-15-2014 at 04:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I avoided getting shingles by getting the shingles vaccine!
    Vaccines are never tested for safety (only whether they produce antibodies or similar), and there is very little history available on the newer vaccines, like for shingles. Safety is assumed and there's actually no basis for it. Effectiveness is also generally assumed, often without basis. (Excellent book on this - Dissolved Illusions by Suzanne Humphries - perhaps your library carries it.) I do understand the fear of getting a disease like shingles, so I hope I'm right not getting it.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    Has anyone on here ever had shingles? I am suffering & any help/suggestions would be appreciated.
    I'm sorry you are suffering with shingles, Snow Bunny. I did have a very mild case about 4 years ago. I wasn't in too much pain but it did take at least 2 months or longer for the lesions to fade away. I don't have any suggestions right now to alleviate the pain. Maybe an oatmeal bath for the itching?

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

I always get a flu shot. I've also had the pneumonia shot, the shingles shot, and a tetanus booster.

If I catch something, it's never a mild case . . . I'm a big believer in preventative maintenance! And my doctor loves it.

+ Reply to Thread