+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5844Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    I've read that if you put a couple of bowls of white vinegar around the odor, it will absorb it. And wipe down the area with a mixture of 1 part white vinegar and 8 parts water.

It's an awful smell - hope you can get rid of it easily!
    I hope so too! Honestly, I have no idea exactly where the smell is coming from. It's in this area, but I'm not going outside to find out! I'll bet it isn't as close to my house as it smells. All I know is that whatever creature got the business end of that skunk is hurting right now.
    AZChristian likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I think other people tend to see our family resemblances, even if we don't.
    Sometimes I think it is easier to see the resemblances in people you don't know well. When I first met my husband his brother lived in a different state, but I saw photos of them together and thought they looked a lot alike. Once I met his brother and got to know that he has a completely different personality I realized they look NOTHING alike. Now I can't believe I ever thought that!

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

I've had good luck with vinegar getting rid of odors. A while ago, a mouse apparently died in our bathroom wall and the stench was horrific. I set out a bowl of vinegar in the room and within a few hours the odor wasn't noticeable.

Years ago a skunk sprayed our son. Fortunately the spray only got his sweatshirt (that got most of it) and a little bit on the top of his pants. I tried washing those items in tomato juice and then tons of baking soda. I threw the sweatshirt out. I kept washing the pants every time I did a load of laundry, and weeks later, the odor was finally gone. It was a long time ago - I don't remember whether I tried vinegar.

Previous to that, our cat had gotten sprayed by a skunk. I tried washing him in tomato juice (that was the prevailing wisdom at the time) in the bath tub. That didn't go over too well and our bathroom ended up looking like a Chainsaw Massacre set. We didn't let the cat back in the house for a month or so - until the odor was really gone.

Has anyone on here ever had shingles? I am suffering & any help/suggestions would be appreciated.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

That little girl meeting her fathers twin was so cute. My kids did something similar. My brother and my husbands best friend, Lonnie, were both tall, slim, and had really long blond hair. My youngest two are twins. Lonnie's daughter, Emily, was only 3wks younger then them. They were 3 at the time. My brother was going to school in Florida and when it was over he didn't have a way to get home to CA so I drove over and got him and he was staying with us. I asked him one day what were the kids calling him because it didn't sound anything like Uncle Chris. He said, "I don't know but I think its adorable." (The twins had developed their own language to talk to each other before they started talking to us. So it wasn't unusual for them to come up with their own words for something.) One day Emily and Lonnies wife came to visit and Lonnie was going to meet them here. His wife said, "Lonnies here." All three kids start dancing toward the door singing, "Lonnies here. Lonnies here." Chris came to the door to meet Lonnie. When Lonnie walked in I was watching my twins. They both stopped singing and dancing. Stared at Lonnie and then they both slowly turned and looked at Chris. I just started dying laughing. The look on their face clearly said, "If that's Lonnie who the hell are you?" I had thought they were calling Chris Lonnie but I wasn't sure. I had my answer when I saw their faces. Oh how I wish I'd had a video camera to catch it.

Critical I feel your pain with the skunk smell. A couple yrs ago we were driving to CA. I had drove most of the day and night when my husband took over. I got in the backseat to get some sleep. When we were going through TX I swear it must have been skunk season and they were all commiting mass suicide on the interstate. The smell woke me up and made me choke. My eyes were burning. It was horrifying and it didn't stop until we were out of TX. Thank God we were only going through the panhandle.
    "You better watch your mouth sunshine."-Daryl Dixon

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    Has anyone on here ever had shingles? I am suffering & any help/suggestions would be appreciated.
    I can't offer you anything but my sympathies. Everyone I know who's gotten shingles have suffered and said they couldn't find any relief. Try google and see if maybe you can find something to stop the burn. My husbands grandmother suffered with shingles and bless her heart they were always brought on by stress. I teased her that she literally had "bad nerves". Everytime there was a death in the family she had to not only contend with the grief but with the shingles on top of it. I hope you find something that helps. A friend of mine had them following a nerve from her hairline down towards her eye. Her drs were very concerned about that. They had her going to an opthemologist before it even reached her eye. I think it stopped before it actually did. If yours are near your eyes then take it very serious.
    "You better watch your mouth sunshine."-Daryl Dixon

Quote Originally Posted by Kip View Post
    I've had good luck with vinegar getting rid of odors. A while ago, a mouse apparently died in our bathroom wall and the stench was horrific. I set out a bowl of vinegar in the room and within a few hours the odor wasn't noticeable.
    A few months ago when it started getting cold outside I was in my basement and a mouse just moseyed right across the room toward me! I'm not afraid of mice, but I sure as heck don't want them in my house!! I just stood there thinking "what the heck do I do now!?" It wandered into the unfinished utility/laundry room and I went and got a mouse trap and set it along the wall in there. I was still in the basement a few minutes later when the trap went off. It was not good. The trap didn't kill it right away and I had to go upstairs to wait until it was over. (I have tried humane traps, but they have never worked with the rodents that we get here.) So I wait about an hour and go back downstairs and IT WAS GONE! The mouse AND the trap! I looked all over and I cannot figure out where that darned thing got off to! I am just hoping we aren't in for a foul odor come warmer weather!

I hope I never experience it. The person I followed the most closely was on neurontin for a long time for the nerve pain, then had to slowly wean herself off that. High doses of lysine may help. A good homeopath may help - there are a number of homeopathic remedies that are short-listed, but don't try this on your own, it won't work.

I wish I had some magic potion to recommend, I suffered with them for 3 months and I was in such pain, even a sheet on me hurt. Cold helped, and rest.
    My friends husband had them on his forehead, and managed to know the symptoms and got a shot before they got worse, near the eye is bad, one can go blind.

I am so sorry PA , big hugs
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Many people think my niece and I seriously look alike but, when I look at her, I really see her dad. I do, also, see my mother in her.
    My niece and I look alike - can't find a better picture (I'm on the right ) but when you see pics of her, she just looks like me. My hubby says she's MY mini-me. LOL My brother is her father.

2014-01-15 13.14.15.jpg

+ Reply to Thread