+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6258Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

My oldest granddaughter looks a lot like me. In fact, I call her my "mini-me." When she was about 3 I found a picture of myself at about the same age. The resemblance is really remarkable. I showed her the picture and asked her if she knew who that was. She said, "Wexie." (Translation: Lexie) I said, "No, that's grandma." She looked at me like I was nuts! I don't think she could even imagine that I was EVER that young!!!

My granddaughters are 5 and 7 now and they know that I'm their daddies mother. A few weeks ago the 5 year old came to me and said, "Grandma, make daddy let us go outside." I said, "I can't make your daddy do that." She said, "Why not? Your his mommy aren't you?"
    Punkin, CantGetNuf, shyra and 2 others like this.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

That is so cute. Justin will complain that his parents won't let him do or have something. I tell him I can't give it to him or let him do what he wants but I won't let his parents have it or do it either.

Yesterday as he was smelling all of my perfumes I told him one was what my sister smells like because she wears it. He wanted to know where she was so I told him in CA. "I want to go there." We all do baby.
    Punkin and Lil Bit like this.
    "You better watch your mouth sunshine."-Daryl Dixon

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

But I will continue to read threads and create contestant threads for shows since I've been doing that lately.

But again, if you want to talk, PM only.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Do you remember the first time you explained to your child that his/her grandmother was YOUR mother....just like you were his/her mommy? That was one of those precious moments. My son was standing between us, and it was hilarious the way his eyes were shifting from one of us to the other. He was definitely in awe!
    I don't have kids, but I remember the moment when I realized my grandparents had been young people. Not babies: young adults. I grew up seeing baby pics of my maternal grandparents, so that seemed normal, but seeing pictures of them as young, vibrant people in their 30's was the thing that really affected me. I just never thought of them in that way.

My mom looks a lot like her mother. I remember finding a picture of my grandmother as a young (maybe 16 or 17) woman and thinking it was my mother. I look nothing like my mother. She's said about me, "That child looks nothing like me" when someone who'd just met her was trying to say we look alike.

Has everyone seen the video of the little girl meeting her father's twin brother for the first time? Talk about a double take! Hilarious.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I have not seen that video. Is it on youtube?
    Count your blessings!

I saw it on another site, but I just searched YouTube and found it: Confused little girl meets her fathers twin for the first time - YouTube
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

That video is what made me harken back to my son's "What'chu talkin' 'bout, Willis?!" reaction he gave me. He was 2, at the time; my mother was still healthy and alive; she died when he was 3. My mother got tickled because she could see that he was starting to figure things out.

I have been told that I look like my mother. Like you, I saw a picture of my mother when she was about 12, and I had to do a triple take and really study it to make sure it wasn't me! That blew me away. Once I noticed the age of the black-and-white studio photograph, it all made sense to me....but it did throw me. Many people think my niece and I seriously look alike but, when I look at her, I really see her dad. I do, also, see my mother in her.

My son resembled me, as an infant, but he left that behind years ago. When he was born, and I first held him, I remember I felt like I was looking into my own eyes.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

There's not really anyone in my family who I look like. I've got features and coloring from various people, but I don't closely resemble anyone. I've got the coloring of my dad's side of the family, but my features are a bit more like my mom's side, although I also look a little like some of my paternal first cousins.

On another note, is it already skunk mating season? 'Cause it smells like it. If I didn't know better, I'd say one sprayed ON my front door. UGH. I can practically taste it it's so strong. It's so bad I can't sleep.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

I've read that if you put a couple of bowls of white vinegar around the odor, it will absorb it. And wipe down the area with a mixture of 1 part white vinegar and 8 parts water.

It's an awful smell - hope you can get rid of it easily!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I think other people tend to see our family resemblances, even if we don't.
    Debb70 likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread