+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6153Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    Pacific Palisades?
    In college, I had an apartment near Lake Michigan. When I moved here, my goal was to be near the Pacific (it took awhile...). Now, we live in a second-floor apartment on a mesa with ocean breezes. We don't have an ocean view from the apartment itself but an ocean view is just steps away on the other side of the complex. I'm a very happy water rat.
    Oceans beaches in Southern California are very different than the Ocean Beach in San Francisco. Those poor folks who live by our beaches do not wax nostalgic for the loss of cold, foggy summers here when they move elsewhere. :>) But I doubt they choose the Michigan Shores for relief! But we do have great Spring and Fall weather!

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    Pacific Palisades?
    In college, I had an apartment near Lake Michigan. When I moved here, my goal was to be near the Pacific (it took awhile...). Now, we live in a second-floor apartment on a mesa with ocean breezes. We don't have an ocean view from the apartment itself — but an ocean view is just steps away on the other side of the complex. I'm a very happy water rat.
    No, not Pacific Palisades, the South Bay which faces Malibu across the bay - we could see it across the water on clear days. I went to college at UC Santa Barbara where the view from anywhere I could afford was not great, but the short walk to the beach was just fine with me.
    Ellen and Lizard like this.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

I didn't read the article but I saw the headline. It's funny.

I'm gonna sue Stephen King because he doesn't make clear that when his books are thrown at someone's head, it hurts.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    The ones that are flattering are several inches below the belly button, but aren't gynecological.
    I'm pretty tall, but I think you would have to be REALLY tall to go several inches below the belly button and still NOT be gynecological!
    Lil Bit likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I just love, love, love the outdoor sounds of the mornings. The different bird chatters, the woodpeckers hammering away.....when it's warm enough, I could sit outside and listen for hours. When I divorced, one of the biggest things I lost was a house just across the street from a huge park. I still miss that. It's such a great time for good conversation and intense thought.....saying "Good Morning" to passing people.

I am sure this is where I learned to have a morning ritual before I officially started my day; first, it was about sitting outside, relaxing....later, it became about completing my daily crossword puzzle before the chaos started. Ah yesss.....take a deep breath, and then go forward, grasshopper.
    I am glad to hear you truly enjoy the outdoors and mother nature! So many people, in my experience, think they like the outdoors and when they really meet it, do nothing but complain about the noise, the animals, even the trees being in the way! Just soaking in all that makes up the outdoors, from the sun, the air and the birds tweeting, can be very good for one's health!
    inthegarden likes this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I find it peaceful and amazing and refreshing. I've always enjoyed the, seemingly, simpler things; my son....the more complex and dramatic and overdrawn, for him, the better. I'm hoping he will finally come around to my way of seeing things, one day. He is missing out on a lot, which I find sad.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I enjoy walking the dogs, I love the air this morning, its not cold but crisp. The dogs know its warmed up and they love it..frisky.

My son and his wife love camping, and have introduced my granddaughter to this.
    CantGetNuf likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

My dogs were chasing the power truck down the road today. Good to see them acting so frisky. Woke up yesterday to the sound of birds chirping. It was wonderful. Almost made me forget how cold and miserable I had been earlier in the week.
    "You better watch your mouth sunshine."-Daryl Dixon

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

I am only going to be here for PMing now.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Do you remember the first time you explained to your child that his/her grandmother was YOUR mother....just like you were his/her mommy? That was one of those precious moments. My son was standing between us, and it was hilarious the way his eyes were shifting from one of us to the other. He was definitely in awe!
    shyra likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread