+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6756Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Ugh! Just wear your top out and it won't matter.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

The whole idea, currently, seems to be to wear a top that accentuates the high waist.....if trendy is your thing.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Low rise jeans are good for females who are built like boys.....no curves.
    They're flattering on curves too. I'm curvy and although I don't wear the super low-rise ones, the most flattering jeans I own are on the lower side - a few inches below the belly button. Obviously, if you're wider in the middle (I'm not), they're not a good idea because everything just spills over the top.

Many low rise jeans are made higher in the back so you don't flash everyone when you sit down. I don't think the ultra low-rise jeans are flattering on anyone, unless they have REALLY long legs. They do cut you off at a weird spot and make your legs look short. Plus, you know, coin slot. The ones that are flattering are several inches below the belly button, but aren't gynecological.

Those high rise jeans are not flattering at all. You look like you have a long behind and the front is weird too. Looks less bad on women with smaller chests, I guess. If you've got much of anything up top though, they're horrid.

I'm so sick of seeing women in jeans that are too tight. Just because you can zip them up, it doesn't mean they fit
    Ellen, waywyrd and JavaJo like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar
    ClosetRTWatcher and JohnnyK like this.

I just love, love, love the outdoor sounds of the mornings. The different bird chatters, the woodpeckers hammering away.....when it's warm enough, I could sit outside and listen for hours. When I divorced, one of the biggest things I lost was a house just across the street from a huge park. I still miss that. It's such a great time for good conversation and intense thought.....saying "Good Morning" to passing people.

I am sure this is where I learned to have a morning ritual before I officially started my day; first, it was about sitting outside, relaxing....later, it became about completing my daily crossword puzzle before the chaos started. Ah yesss.....take a deep breath, and then go forward, grasshopper.
    Last edited by prhoshay; 01-12-2014 at 10:16 AM.
    Punkin, Ellen, CantGetNuf and 1 others like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I feel a HUGE spa day coming on. I blame it on the lousy weather. I can't really complain; I had only a dusting of snow and NO ice. Time to be nice to myself! I don't think we treat ourselves well often enough.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I just love, love, love the outdoor sounds of the mornings. The different bird chatters, the woodpeckers hammering away.....when it's warm enough, I could sit outside and listen for hours. When I divorced, one of the biggest things I lost was a house just across the street from a huge park. I still miss that. It's such a great time for good conversation and intense thought.....saying "Good Morning" to passing people.

I am sure this is where I learned to have a morning ritual before I officially started my day; first, it was about sitting outside, relaxing....later, it became about completing my daily crossword puzzle before the chaos started. Ah yesss.....take a deep breath, and then go forward, grasshopper.
    I have always lived on the edge of a woods. One of my prerequisites when I was looking for a house. Nothing resets me to neutral like a walk in the woods.
    Count your blessings!

I grew up in a house that overlooks the Pacific Ocean and Malibu. So sunsets and ocean were a big part of my life. The house I live in now is about 70 miles from the Oregon coast so the sunsets are behind the trees west of my house. My backyard is goes back about 200 feet and the view is so pretty with of lots of green to look at, even in the winter. I have a room that I use most of the time I am home that looks out at that view. We have a bird feeder that is busy and great to watch off the porch. Now that I am back at my old job, I come home every day at lunch for a few minutes of quiet. That is my reset. I feel so fortunate to have such a place. But I still need a trip to the coast every so often.

Watching birds, and how they interact and behave, can be fun.....even in the city. You can see hierarchies and preferences and abilities....what they are going to tolerate from which other birds, and what they won't.
    Cootie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cootie View Post
    I grew up in a house that overlooks the Pacific Ocean and Malibu.
    Pacific Palisades?
    In college, I had an apartment near Lake Michigan. When I moved here, my goal was to be near the Pacific (it took awhile...). Now, we live in a second-floor apartment on a mesa with ocean breezes. We don't have an ocean view from the apartment itself but an ocean view is just steps away on the other side of the complex. I'm a very happy water rat.
    Punkin and CantGetNuf like this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

+ Reply to Thread