+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7239Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Johnny, I hope you're feeling better today. ((((hugs))))
    Punkin likes this.

High-waisted jeans are all the rage???? I feel like I'm having a Rip Van Winkle experience.
    Not here, thank goodness
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

My son, dil, and grandson live with us. They have been staying at her parents house the last couple of days. None of them have a phone that has minutes on it. I wake up and check my facebook. My son has left me a message 3hrs ago that says they had to call the ambulance for his fil because they think he's having a heart attack and "if I can" they need me to babysit Justin. WTH? I don't get my kid. He should have been up here waking me up telling me Scott is having a heart attack and here's Justin so I can babysit. He knows I don't have anything better to do then harass FoRT with Walking Dead memes. My daughter in law and I do not get along well. But my kids know (Or at least they should know) that doesn't matter. When you need me I'll be here. Shaking my head at this one.
    Amy Lee and Debb70 like this.
    "You better watch your mouth sunshine."-Daryl Dixon

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks View Post
    Johnny, I hope you're feeling better today. ((((hugs))))
    Ditto.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CantGetNuf View Post
    My son, dil, and grandson live with us. They have been staying at her parents house the last couple of days. None of them have a phone that has minutes on it. I wake up and check my facebook. My son has left me a message 3hrs ago that says they had to call the ambulance for his fil because they think he's having a heart attack and "if I can" they need me to babysit Justin. WTH? I don't get my kid. He should have been up here waking me up telling me Scott is having a heart attack and here's Justin so I can babysit. He knows I don't have anything better to do then harass FoRT with Walking Dead memes. My daughter in law and I do not get along well. But my kids know (Or at least they should know) that doesn't matter. When you need me I'll be here. Shaking my head at this one.
    Poor judgment on your son's part. The only way to KNOW someone is aware of something is to talk to them in person or over the phone. My social media communications are non-emergency. If I text someone about something important, and don't hear anything back in 5 minutes, I call them.

Our friend's daughter-in-law lost her mother right after Christmas, in a border town in Mexico. The lady died on the 27th and was cremated that night, and the funeral was held in Mexico (6 hours away from Phoenix) the next day. No one told my friend that she was expected to attend the funeral (which was to be held totally in Spanish), and because of the busyness of that time of year, she did not go. Now her d-i-l is upset with her.

People are not mind readers, and people (at least most people) do not live on social media. Some good old-fashioned communication would have helped in your case, and in my friend's.

How is the f-i-l, by the way?

They just brought Justin to me. It wasn't a heart attack but they have found a spot on his lungs and will be doing a biopsy on it later today.
    "You better watch your mouth sunshine."-Daryl Dixon

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PGM35 View Post
    where did you hear that?
    Wendy Williams show today. She keeps up with all of that mess. She is about to turn 50, and still has the 20 year old fantasies.
    Debb70 likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

CantGetNuf, I hope things go well with your relative in-law.
    CantGetNuf likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by CantGetNuf View Post
    They just brought Justin to me. It wasn't a heart attack but they have found a spot on his lungs and will be doing a biopsy on it later today.
    Yeah, best wishes for your son's father in law. That sounds scary.
    CantGetNuf likes this.

I hope it all works out and that your son/DIL learned a bit of a lesson about prioritizing communication.
    CantGetNuf likes this.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

+ Reply to Thread