+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6419Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    Cold snap today and tomorrow here in San Diego: mercury plunges to 65F.
    Though during the weekend and next week, we'll be going back to mid-, then upper-70sF.
    So, in essence, in the space of one week, we'll go from our average lowest to highest.
    I love [coastal] San Diego!
    Mercury PLUNGES to 65F.
    If our mercury rose to even 55F in January, everyone would get out the swimsuits. 65F is pretty decent early Summer weather around here.
    Ellen and shyra like this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    Mercury PLUNGES to 65F.
    If our mercury rose to even 55F in January, everyone would get out the swimsuits. 65F is pretty decent early Summer weather around here.
    My indoor thermometer was at 48 yesterday. Right now its at 55. If it hits 60 I'm breaking out the cocoa butter.
    Punkin, Ellen and Miss Scarlet like this.
    "You better watch your mouth sunshine."-Daryl Dixon

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    Mercury PLUNGES to 65F.
    Yup! A big reason for my moving here from the Midwest about three decades ago. I LOVE not having to own a winter coat, boots, mittens, etc.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    Yup! A big reason for my moving here from the Midwest about three decades ago. I LOVE not having to own a winter coat, boots, mittens, etc.
    I DO have to own a winter coat (just a wool pea coat) and I do have gloves, although I don't use them much. My feet rarely get cold, so I wear sandals most of the year.

It's supposed to hit the mid-60's here today. It gets chilly at night, but that's really only in the 30's or 40's. It means I have to wear long pajama pants with my tank top

I can't imagine ever leaving California.
    Punkin likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

My sister and I used to make potholders when we were younger and I've recently started doing it again. It's so much fun! I've been experimenting with different ways of weaving the loops, different ways of finishing off the edges, etc. Today I went to Michael's to get different colors of wool and cotton yarn to try making my own loops. It wasn't as successful as I had hoped but I can still use the yarn to finish the edges. I want to try using cloth to make loops. I've found a few sites that give instructions on how to cut socks or tshirts into potholder loops.

I'll have to post some pictures of the potholders I've done.

I am making my own pot holders but I am sewing two pieces of fabric together with batting in the middle then binding it. My mother always made our pot holders.
    PGM35 likes this.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Pikachu, I used to make those loop potholders too when I was a kid. I bet loops cut from sleeves of t-shirts would work.

Nennie
    , my SIL made potholders with fabric and batting too, so I have a good supply of them.

JohnnyK,
    what have you decided about going to Hungary?

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

JohnnyK, what have you decided about going to Hungary?
    I don't know. My thoughts change by the day.

Like right now I am feeling COMPLETELY pissed off and I hate everybody, especially those that ignore me when I am in need of someone acknowledging me. It pisses me off and I can't stand it. I'm also sick today, physically, which makes it worse.

Try to remember that a lot of times people come here specifically to post something that has happened or to respond to another FORT member, and sometimes there's a chain of posts like a conversation that flows. So they may not be snubbing you so much as carrying on with their own agenda.
    I'm so pleased the weather is finally easing off!!!
    Count your blessings!

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

I was referring to people I know personally, actually, mainly on Facebook. If it was FORT I wouldn't have sounded so harsh.

+ Reply to Thread