+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7131Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by inthegarden View Post
    Last year, I replaced all my bulbs in my crane and floor lamps that I use for artwork, drafting and reading with OttLite bulbs. I know they are different than what you are talking about. They really help with eye fatigue and picking true colors. I haven't had to replace a bulb in a year and that's using them everyday (they will probably go out today ). JoAnn's has half price sales during the year on both the lamps and bulbs. I have replacements ready.

As far as the cold weather, I'm in heaven. Having grown up in the south and now living in the southeast and working outside year round, I hate the insects. We have had such mild winters the past few years and the insects have thrived. So I'm happy they are getting frozen.
    Layering works best for me to stay warm. I found Cuddl Duds work the best for me for a first layer. They are thin and you can wear them under everything both dress clothes and casual.
    Stay safe and warm and remember this lovely cold weather when we are melting in the heat and swatting insects this summer.
    That's good to hear about the OttLite bulbs working out for you. I have tried two types of lights to help with SAD- they just don't do it for me, and yet my girlfriend uses hers every morning
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Yes have a safe trip Norwindian. I have not looked at what the weather is in san francisco. I know it is some thing unto itself. An hour away is sometimes thirty degrees warmer. Safe journey!
    You can do it!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

This is ridiculous, but it was 12 degrees when I went to bed, and 20 degrees when I woke up at 6 am....and the 50s are on their way. 0 degrees yesterday; high of 32 today; 50s tomorrow. This is beyond bizarre.
    Debb70 likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I am trying to do your temperature maths but all I know is that it is cold out. Our temp is -22C or -8F it is windy and brutal out and today is warmer than yesterday since we are on our way to a milder weekend. I have about 4cm of ice covering our driveway since we had freezing rain on Sunday/Monday and then it flash froze. I had to put the recycling out and I thought I was going to break a hip.

I have never lived where it is warm all year round but I think I could do it. I prefer trails of perspiration between my boobs to frozen snot in my nose.
    Punkin, CantGetNuf and famita like this.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Perspiration.....
    tbamom likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I also learned the blessing of wearing pantyhose or those shiny tights under my pants, if I am going to be out in the cold. Not only do they keep you warm, but they make you feel like you've lost 5-10 pounds, which is never a bad thing, in my estimation.
    Yes to this! I do the same thing!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    This is ridiculous, but it was 12 degrees when I went to bed, and 20 degrees when I woke up at 6 am....and the 50s are on their way. 0 degrees yesterday; high of 32 today; 50s tomorrow. This is beyond bizarre.
    this is what is going on in Oklahoma right now. Chance of freezing drizzle this evening and then back to the 50's by weekend. Crazy weather.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

It's 53 outside at 8:30am with forcasted high of 56 in my SF Bay Area home. Norwindian would have been happy to wake up at home this morning because we have heavy fog and lots of dew on the ground. She and I have both complained about the darned sunshiny days and almost no winter rains so far. It is an expensive market to live in, but not from the cost of heating or cooling the house. That must be difficult to budget for, as the weather has been both hotter and colder than usual in some areas.

tbamom-...oh, the visualization!! Thank you for the laughs!!

Cold snap today and tomorrow here in San Diego: mercury plunges to 65F.
    Though during the weekend and next week, we'll be going back to mid-, then upper-70sF.
    So, in essence, in the space of one week, we'll go from our average lowest to highest.
    I love [coastal] San Diego!
    Punkin, Critical and AZChristian like this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

+ Reply to Thread